Dometic CC 2 heat pump furnace question.

NHCelt

Hi...so I am a bit confused by the thermostats and how they function relative to heat from the furnace or heat pump. The living room AC has a heat pump, and the front does not. When I set the living room to furnace, both the heat pump and furnace will run to get to temp, and then just the heat pump maintains the set temp.

I wanted to run just the furnace, in this case, to ensure that the basement heated. Is there a way to make this happen? What if I set the front thermostat to heat...will just the furnace run?

Thanks...Celt

danemayer

Hi Celt,

First off, the furnace is controlled by one of your thermostats. Setting the other to HEAT will not run the furnace.

Second, according to the manual, the CCII thermostat should have a mode for running the furnace and another mode for running the heat pump.

If you set the thermostat to FURNACE or HEAT (not Heat Pump), and the FAN is set on HIGH or LOW, the furnace will run, AND the blower on the air conditioner unit will also run. The heat pump is not ON, just the blower. Set the FAN mode to AUTO and you should get furnace only.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Hi...so I am a bit confused by the thermostats and how they function relative to heat from the furnace or heat pump. The living room AC has a heat pump, and the front does not. When I set the living room to furnace, both the heat pump and furnace will run to get to temp, and then just the heat pump maintains the set temp.

I wanted to run just the furnace, in this case, to ensure that the basement heated. Is there a way to make this happen? What if I set the front thermostat to heat...will just the furnace run?

Thanks...Celt

Did you factory order your unit with the heat pump option???

NHCelt

Did you factory order your unit with the heat pump option???

BigJim...sorry for the delay, but we had to get out of New Hampshire. Florida is much better! Anyway, yes the heat pump was a factory add-on and the unit is the Dometic blizzard. Our Bighorn was factory ordered Nov. 2015 and built Feb 2016. I understand the factory has stopped offering the option...and can't say I understand why.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Dan, you are spot on....I had the fan set to high.

...and thanks for all of your work and insights provided on this forum. You are most helpful!

esscobra

The heat pumps are still options on bighorns at least - mine was built feb 2 2017 and I have heat pump on both units- They have been great on the few chilly mornings we have had- and even on auto when we left in afternoon and didn't get back till late and a cold front came through coach was a comfy 72 when we got back that night even though it had dropped to low 50s