Dometic Refrigerator Recall

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well Ken, thanks for the information. Checked the #'s today and guess what, its part of the recall. I will call the local repair shop and take it there. BTW, diesel is now $4.99 a gallon:eek:. Bob:(

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ever since our fridge recall was taken care of we have had problem with the ice maker. Specifically, very little ice. I went and checked the outside stuff and found a very small hole in the tube that runs from the relay up to the ice maker. There was also water on the floor of the compartment. I trimmed the tube and re-attached the fitting, time will tell. What I think was happening is the relay would allow water to go up the tube but it would drain back down and out the hole into the compartment. So! The next time the relay opens it has to fill the empty tube before getting to the ice maker??? We'll have to let it cycle a few times to see if I got er done.

rob hutch

We had a recall on our 2007 3200bhs all that was needed was a shield installed. We were assured this willtakecare of the problem. Happy Camping

irvin56

Fire started

Central, Alberta, Canada family lost TT and fire stread to their house, as they parked their unit next to it. :eek:They recieved notice in mail 5 Days after fire. They bought from a dealer and were on the list for warranty.

If you or anybody you know bought a trailer 2nd hand, have them check it out. As Dometic would not know who or where they are and they could not sent a letter of recall to them

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
OK, just got a recall notice from Heartland and Dometic today. The dates on this one are May 17, 2004 5o Jan. 15, 2007. Our fridge falls into this range. My question is why would it take so long to get a notification or is this another recall for another problem? We had work done in Great Falls this summer while on holidays. The letter we got today does not give a recall number witch I think is a major oversite.
I hate to make an appointment for service if in fact the work has already been done.

Jim, can you clarify, thanks Doug.