Dometic wall A/C, heating control unit

Dometic wall A/C, heating control unit. thermostat

Hi, This is Paul DiMauro. I have a 2015 Cyclone 3110HD. The Dometic wall control / thermostat, for the living room (center A/C) and heat does not seem to be working correctly. The A/C unit will continue to run even when the wall thermostat is set to 79 degrees. I have an alarm clock in the front bedroom that has a built in temp display. It was reading 70.4 degrees. The living room / kitchen area was NOT anywhere near 79 degrees. Any suggestions?
I also had a situation when the heat was on and the heater kept running. It seemed like the temperature in the RV was much higher than what the Dometic wall thermostat was set at, but the heat kept running.
Hope someone or the factory can help!
Sincerely,
Paul DiMauro. member #3192

Last edited:

danemayer

Re: Dometic wall A/C, heating control unit. thermostat

Paul,

I'm afraid I'm not following your problem description. But it sounds a little like you may have the FAN mode set to HIGH or LOW rather than AUTO. If so, whether heating or cooling, the air conditioner fan will always run, regardless of temperature and regardless of whether the compressor is running.

Hi Dan, Thanks for your reply. I had the wall thermostat in "automatic" setting. I think the wall thermostat is not matching the actual room temperature, thus the A/C unit will continue to run because the room temp does not match the setting on the wall thermostat. The same thing happens when in the heat mode. I'll get the unit replaced or checked out very soon.
Thanks, Paul

danemayer

Paul,

If you have the same model of thermostat elsewhere in the coach, you might swap them to see what happens.

SNOKING

Paul,

I'm afraid I'm not following your problem description. But it sounds a little like you may have the FAN mode set to HIGH or LOW rather than AUTO. If so, whether heating or cooling, the air conditioner fan will always run, regardless of temperature and regardless of whether the compressor is running.

So I was search for an answer to the fact that I turned on the heat this morning and was surprised that the AC fan is running. I swear yesterday I did not notice the AC fan running. Still on a steep learning curve here!

OK, read it again, and checked and found the fan on high. Switched it to auto and AC fan turned off. Chris