Don't rely on technology alone

Lou_and_Bette

While having a lot of technology to help "watch" things is great, don't rely on it to the exclusion of using all your own senses to protect your rig. We happened to stop at a welcome center to use their facilities and, as is my usual practice, and, even though we were only 60 miles from our destination for the night, I did a complete walk around visual inspection. This is what I found on one of the tires on our Swivel Wheel trailer. I use and pay attention to my TST tire monitor but the technology did not show any loss in pressure or change in temperature. This situation could have gone to crapola in a heartbeat beat if I hadn't been diligent. You can not over-check and be sure to use every method of checking available to you.

IMG_1214.jpgIMG_1112.jpgIMG_1215.jpg

Sarge

Also why we still teach the new grunts coming up how to land nav with a map & compass.

The first one to say "Can't we just use the GPS" always earns 20 burpees......

:D

Sarge

danemayer

Apparently the tire belts were able to carry the load even after throwing off some of the tread. I had that happen on a Goodyear G614 on the trailer. The TPMS didn't get triggered, but I did notice a pressure drop of about 10 psi, after which the pressure was stable.