Door side storage door opening

jimtoo

Since this door is not under a slide, why not just buy a small door retainer like this, and attach to body about 12" or so above the door where it would latch on side of door to hold it open and completely out of the way. No bumping heads or walking into the door when it is open and no more bending the back to get under the door to remove or put something in the storage compartment.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Since this door is not under a slide, why not just buy a small door retainer like this, and attach to body about 12" or so above the door where it would latch on side of door to hold it open and completely out of the way. No bumping heads or walking into the door when it is open and no more bending the back to get under the door to remove or put something in the storage compartment.

We have similar clips on the front basement door on our Prowler.

SNOKING

I found ours are 20" 60 lb struts. Ordered a pair to replace two stage ones. Chris

I installed the new single stage 60 lb struts today. What and improvement. They were a bit hard to compress to pop on the second ball.

That door has a wire tether to keep it from opening to far. I have a piece pool noodle on the corner of the bedroom slide and with the tether off it raises up slowly and stops against the corner/noodle of the slide. Happy camper. The two stage ones are a real pain in the what ever. Chris

Bones

I installed the new single stage 60 lb struts today. What and improvement. They were a bit hard to compress to pop on the second ball.

That door has a wire tether to keep it from opening to far. I have a piece pool noodle on the corner of the bedroom slide and with the tether off it raises up slowly and stops against the corner/noodle of the slide. Happy camper. The two stage ones are a real pain in the what ever. Chris
Glad they worked out for you. I really like mine too.

tomhank

You might not consider the importance of RV storage doors. They are, nonetheless, critical in ensuring the safety of your personal belongings when traveling. Knowing how to remove the RV storage door that requires repair and replacement is one technique to ensure that.