Draining Black Water

tbs

I have a North Country TT. It does not seem to drain the blackwater tank completely. I have taken it in once and they removed the two "cut outs" that had fallen into the tank during construciton but it still does not appear to drain right. In other travel trailers I have had, when you opened the valve the blackwater would rush out. You could hear the flow of the water. That is how the gray water tank sounds as well. When I open the blackwater tank it comes out very slowly and never gets completely emptied. I can open the toilet valve and look down in the tank with a flashlight and still see blackwater. I would think I would see an empty tank. Any thoughts or advice?? Thanks

Northern Virginia
Many of us have sewer pipes that run up hill and drain very sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly. I am going to reroute mine this year. I am tired of spending 30 minutes at the dump station too.

John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you may still have an obstruction. My last BH had symptoms like yours. Liquid only would drain and very slowly. I let all the liquid drain over night then took the gate valve off. Found a wad of TP blocking the drain. You may have something like that going on or another knock out up in there.
Oh, and that was after I had it to the dealer to check it out. He said there was nothing wrong.
When you finally get it to drain properly come back and let us know what the cure was.

Peace
Dave