Draining hot and cold water lines

ericjaime

I am getting ready to winterize my camper for the first time and can't find the hot and cold low point drain valves. Can someone help as to where I might be able to find these on a 2011 BH2985RL. Or do these 5th wheels not have these valves? If not I will just turn the hot water heater bypass valve on and turn the normal flow valve to winterize, put the hose into the pink antifreeze and run all the faucets until pink comes out. I already removed the anode rod on the hot water heater to drain it, and opened the valve to drain the fresh water tank. Is there anything I might be missing?

Thanks,
Eric

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Eric, welcome to the forum. I see that you have been a forum member for a while and this is your first post.
You are on the right track for winterizing. There are no low point drain valves. Just do as you mentioned. Water heater valve to bypass, valve to winterize and hose in the pink stuff jug. Turn on the pump and run the anti-freeze through the lines. If you have them don't forget to do the washer hookup and the outside shower. Do the toilet and don't forget to fill the P-traps with anti-freeze.
We gonna see you at the WI rally next August? If your a Wagner customer, how about Campfest? It's right in your back yard. Both are fun times.

Peace
Dave

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Welcome to the forum Eric... I don't have a 5th wheel, but someone that does will chime in soon I'm sure.

Pizzaguy

Our 2011 BH does not have any low point drains like the previous fivers have had either.Just winterize by blowing out the lines or running the pink stuff thru everything.Don't forget waher/dryer prep if you have it and outside shower.

hriker

If you have a black tank back wash connection in the docking center, don't forget to blow air thru it to get water out of the check value in the line. Also, if you have an ice maker in your frig you need to blow that out and close the valve in the basement area. You do not want to get anti-freeze in the ice maker. If you do it will take a while to get rid of the anti freeze taste. Sounds like you have it covered.

ericjaime

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly. It sounds like I have almost everything covered. I did winterize everything that was mentioned except I missed the black tank flush, Thanks, hriker. I will make sure to blow air thru before I put it away for winter.

Thanks again,
Eric

2011 Bighorn 2985RL
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LBZ D/A

Westwind

You might want to make up a check off list of what you did, it will be another 12 months before you have to do it again and you will be surprised at what you can forget, I did our fifthwheel for the first time last week and I did a real good job ( so I thought ). Just to re assure my self I started naming each item that had to be checked to be sure I didn't forget something. I actually forgot to open the shower hot and cold valves, couldn't believe I forgot it but I did, I remembered the Ice Maker & Washer/Dryer because I was so concerned about them and forgot the shower!