Draining the fresh water tank(2013BH 3010RE

DonHelenL

When dry camping I fill the fresh water tank when arriving at our non serviced provincial parks. On a normal stay we might only use about half of the water in the tank. When leaving , I open the drain hoping to have it emptied by the time I get home. After a forty five minute trip, it is still running out. I can park it ( seems empty) and if I were to move it the next day there would be more draining ( guage shows empty) Any suggestions?

eddylives

You will have to figure out the layout of your tank and drain.
I am going to guess that most have the drain at one end or the other so you can possibly tilt the trailer to place the drain at the lowest point (what I did with our old unit to ensure the most drainage....I could see the tank under the bed lol)
Since the tanks I have seen are a large rectangular box I can see how they will hold a lot of water if the drain is not the lowest point.

danemayer

I'm wondering if the tank supports have shifted on the door side. The drain is typically closer to the off-door-side and it sounds like the water is at the other end of the tank.

The drain is usually teed into the feed line going to the tank. Have you ever run the pump dry, seeming like you're out of fresh water when there was still water that later drained out?

DonHelenL

Can't say that I have ever ran out of water when dry camping. I have noticed that when backing up it seems to drain out more water than going forward or sitting still. This would indicate that the water is being forced to the forward section of the tank?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Leave a faucet open so you dont create a vacumn in the lines while draining the tank. We always drain the tank...then add some water and bleach.