Drip pan not included in the after-purchase washer installation?

TxCowboy

Let me correct something. I've been calling this guy a Service Tech. I've learned he is the PDI coordinator and works under the Sale Department.

Hopefully, the folks installing the washer know what right looks like.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You can use PEX or flexible hose and direct the drain over and past the tank. May take a little finagling due to any obstructions, but so long as it isn't blocked, it should drain by gravity.

TxCowboy

You can use PEX or flexible hose and direct the drain over and past the tank. May take a little finagling due to any obstructions, but so long as it isn't blocked, it should drain by gravity.

John, I told this guy the same thing. That's when he came up with the comment "no one had ever asked for this before" that I mentioned back in post #1.

TxCowboy

Just to update this thread:

When I was looking over this washer/dryer installation last week, in addition to not having a drain pan, I realized that there is no access to the water shutoffs because the washer and dryer are stacked. That means that if I have a water leak back there, I have to turn off the water to the entire RV. That's a show stopper.

I've got a voice mail pending with the Service Manager from the dealership but I'm wondering how others with the stackable washer and dryer are dealing with this situation of no access to the water shutoffs. :confused:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

When I was looking over this washer/dryer installation last week, in addition to not having a drain pan, I realized that there is no access to the water shutoffs because the washer and dryer are stacked. That means that if I have a water leak back there, I have to turn off the water to the entire RV. That's a show stopper.

I've got a voice mail pending with the Service Manager from the dealership but I'm wondering how others with the stackable washer and dryer are dealing with this situation of no access to the water shutoffs. :confused:

That is correct...i.e. if you have a leak you will have to remove the door frame and pull out the washer and dryer to get access to the back where the water and drain connections are. Been there done that and it is a PITA to do. I just wish there was an easier way to access them but without a design change don't think there is. Also we had a dealer install and do not have drain pan either. We have looked to find one the right size but have been unable to locate one. BTW our 'leak' turned out to be a very slightly loose hose on the back of the washer. Also the shelves above the dryer were not removed so in order to see behind it you have to pulled them out quite a way and then the door frame is too low to let you get above the dryer to look, so they have to come out all the way out of the closet. Luckily the hoses are long enough to allow that. Also be sure not to push the drain hose in the drain too far or it will not drain properly. (read instructions).

- - - Updated - - -

danemayer

Ours has access to the connections behind the stacked pair, but I realize some floor plans don't. I've been meaning to install cutoff valves for winter travel and will probably get around to it this Fall before ski season.

I may put them above the pump where the lines break out, or I may put them in the raceway over the basement storage opening and put in an access panel. If I can locate them above the pump and get to them easily that's where they'll go. Otherwise in the raceway.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have Whirlpool stackables and I used an offset staking kit to sit the dryer a couple of inches in front of the washer. This gives me fairly easy (a relative term) access to the shutoff valves.

iowaone

mine are accessible. However, if they weren't if I ever had the dryer out for another reason I would add extra hoses between the shutoffs and the washer so I could place a shutoff were I could reach it. It would be well worth buying another set of washer hoses and some garden hose shuts offs so I could reach them.