Driving with RV windows open?

Shazbot89

The other day I seen an older RV like mine. A 1991 Fleetwood Heartland 25' RV. Most of the windows were open. Is there a reason why? What are the good and bad? Other then it was 75[SUP]o[/SUP] ish and the windows might hit something flying down the road at 45mph.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The other day I seen an older RV like mine. A 1991 Fleetwood Heartland 25' RV. Most of the windows were open. Is there a reason why? What are the good and bad? Other then it was 75[SUP]o[/SUP] ish and the windows might hit something flying down the road at 45mph.

As long as you are not towing down a dirt road you should be OK.

Grey Ghost

I never travel with the windows open, however I have all three top vents open to get some air moving inside. I have vent covers so I don't worry about blowing the vent door off. I think it allows air to move throughout the unit, keeps it fresh.:cool:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If I am pulling on a highway or good paved road and want to cool down the inside of the trailer, I might open a window or two at the last stop before the final destination.

Otherwise, I usually leave them closed.

I have a MaxAire cover over the vent on ours so I generally always leave the vent open during the whole camping season, unless it gets cold out at night while camping.

You can see the MaxAire in the photo below . . . large white dome in front of the air conditioner.

Camping11MileSmall-IMG_0420.jpg

campers2

Most suggest keeping windows closed. I open covered roof vents for ventilation while moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk