Dryer Quit

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Today was laundry day and right in mid-cycle our Splendie dryer quit. No power/nothing works. Washer is still going. Checked fuse box and it is good. Any suggestions on what I can test or do I need to call a tech?

Garypowell

Interesting that you don’t report any trouble codes. I have had two problems with our Splendide unit in its 10 year life….called their technical support both times. They are excellent! First one was fixed free under warranty and last year they diagnosed the problem over the phone and sold me the $35 part and talked me through the fix over the phone.

klindgren

Interesting that you don’t report any trouble codes. I have had two problems with our Splendide unit in its 10 year life….called their technical support both times. They are excellent! First one was fixed free under warranty and last year they diagnosed the problem over the phone and sold me the $35 part and talked me through the fix over the phone.
Thanks Gary but my Splendide dryer doesn't have a window to display codes. Only buttons and lights.

Garypowell

Keith….the lights blink in different sequences…and the sequence is the code. But as I said a little interesting that the lights are not blinking….but that will be enough I believe to get them started to help you.

Let us know how this turns out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes it's the simple things, did you check if it came unplugged?
Strange things happen.

Peace
Dave

klindgren

Keith….the lights blink in different sequences…and the sequence is the code. But as I said a little interesting that the lights are not blinking….but that will be enough I believe to get them started to help you.

Let us know how this turns out.
thanks Gary. No light blinking or even on. Nothing. Tried unplugging both plugs Dave and replugging. Still no lights at all. It's as if it is not getting power at all. That's why my first move was to check the circuit breakers. I can find nothing else in the camper that isn't working.

danemayer

Keith, have you put a volt meter on the outlet, or tried plugging in another appliance?

If you're not getting power to that outlet, check to make sure everything else is working. All A/C units work? Microwave? All outlets?

Also, if you have the PCI Power Control System, the dryer is on the list of power loads that may be shed when pulling too many amps. Could be a problem with the relay behind the cover of the circuit breaker panel.

klindgren

Keith, have you put a volt meter on the outlet, or tried plugging in another appliance?

If you're not getting power to that outlet, check to make sure everything else is working. All A/C units work? Microwave? All outlets?

Also, if you have the PCI Power Control System, the dryer is on the list of power loads that may be shed when pulling too many amps. Could be a problem with the relay behind the cover of the circuit breaker panel.
Thanks Dan. We are traveling today and tomorrow, but I'll check those out on Wednesday when we get into Omaha.

klindgren

Update on my dryer...after ensuring I did have power to the unit, I called an RV tech here in Omaha and he spent a couple hours pulling things apart an finding a sensor on the top of the drum is bad. Naturally he did not have the part so I'll have to have it fixed once we get back to Virginia. Frustrating!

Garypowell

It occurred to me, while we were waiting to hear from you that maybe you have a separate washer and dryer. All of my comments were based on the 2100(?) model that is a combo unit. But the problem I had last year was one of the two heat sensors on my unit. $35 part and not bad after 10 years of great service.

Glad you got to the bottom of the problem!

klindgren

It occurred to me, while we were waiting to hear from you that maybe you have a separate washer and dryer. All of my comments were based on the 2100(?) model that is a combo unit. But the problem I had last year was one of the two heat sensors on my unit. $35 part and not bad after 10 years of great service.

Glad you got to the bottom of the problem!
You are correct Gary. It is the stackable separate washer/dryer. Ours is just 4 years old so I'm kind of mad the sensor went bad so early, but then again, they don't build things to last anymore.