DS320 Front door locking when closed

SLEONARD

New to this model and the forum so forgive me if this has been asked. Have any of you had a camper that the front door locked when it was closed? Happened twice today. Others in the campground stated that it might be a safety feature. I don't see how that is a safety feature if you get locked out.

Is it possible that the lock on the door is not completely unlocked and it triggers the locking when the door may be closed?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

wdk450

My truck started doing this and locked me out twice with the keys in the ignition switch (Kudos to the Alpine, Ca. fire department that came out at no charge with an air bladder lockout entry kit).
I got a spare key cut that I carry in a pouch in my wallet.

Bogie

Assuming you have the standard lock provided with the RV, the door should not lock on it's own.

Is the dead bolt locking? Or is it the handle that is locking?

In either case, if you have to replace the lock and the RV is not under warranty, I would consider changing it to an RVLock. Easy to change and no need for keys. I found a coupon code that works right now and gives a 20% discount on the RVLock web site. It's QUARTZITE20

https://www.rvlock.com/

rhodies1

Contact the manufacture of the door lock,they have a batch that are defective.will replace free of charge if yours falls under the recall