Dual satellite

Hello,
We want to install satellite using a dual tailgater for our 2014 ElkRidge E29 Express> I know how to hook to the living room tv and I have a receiver for the bedroom now also. I just need to know how to hook in the cagle to get thebedroom to run using it's own receiver. Any ideas? Or does anyone have the blueprints so I can see which way the cables go and where the splitters are so I can figure how to reroute them?

Thanks,
Perry

danemayer

Hi PYRoss1Grl,

I'm not familiar with the coax setup on the Elkridge, but since you're asking, I'll hazard a guess that maybe you have two external coax connections; one for satellite and one for cable TV. There's probably a matching plate in the living area entertainment center with both satellite and cable connections. You may also have a single coax connector in the bedroom.

If that guess is correct, you're pre-wired for only a single satellite feed and would have to run a new coax line into the bedroom. The cable TV connection goes through a splitter and signal booster where it's combined with the over the air antenna. Those components will not pass satellite signals.

If your coax connections are in the Universal Docking Center (UDC) - assuming your floorplan has a UDC - it's not too hard to run coax across the basement and up into the bedroom.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I doubt you have Satellite wiring going to the bedroom, our ER has SAT only going to the living room. Cable goes to living room and bedroom, and also to an outside port on door side. It would not be too hard to route a new cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. And yes danemayer you described it exactly. If I pulled the cable wiring out and put an extention nut on it , do you think I could pull a new satellite cable in to replace the "cable-cable" lol.
Or is it better to just go through the floor and into the cabinet or the side of the cabinet? How exactly did you do yours? Thanks for any input. So far I have a few ideas on how to get this going before we take off camping this season. Last year was our maiden voyage and had to learn many new things.

danemayer

I wouldn't try to pull new cable with the existing. No telling what obstacles you might run into.

A lot of floor plans with washing machines have a little false step against the door side wall, next to the closet, to use as a raceway for washing machine water lines. If you have that, it's held in place by a couple of screws that you can probably locate using a magnet. You could run the coax along where the water lines go, which will get you back to the UDC.

Another possibility is to remove the dresser drawer and use a 90 degree drill adapter to run a cable thru underneath the dresser. Just be careful of what's underneath.

Ok. So I took the batwing off of the wall in the living room and removed the incoming cable coax which was rg-6 and put a barrel on it and removed the coax going to the bedroom and attached it to the other end of the barrel and now have satellite in both rooms using two different dish receivers. Thanks for everyone's comments and info. We just did away with incoming cable from campsites.