Tinwindow3

Hi friends!
The light fixture in my bighorn is a cage with an attractive Edison bulb. The bulb just isn’t bright, but it’s new. It has the odd automotive base but the light is white and while bright to look at , does not light the table. Has anyone done anything different? Since the bulb is exposed and part of the “design” it has to be that type. Thanks all!

Attachments

• IMG_6377.jpeg
    IMG_6377.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6378.jpeg
    IMG_6378.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6379.jpeg
    IMG_6379.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6374.jpeg
    IMG_6374.jpeg
    462 KB · Views: 10

taskswap

Those bulbs are very dim just how they're made. Looks like a "bayonet" style base, like this:

You'd have to measure it to know the exact size but if I've guessed right that base is a BA15S and the bulb is a 10W - very dim, indeed. You might try something like this as an alternative:

But don't be upset if that's not the right fit. :) I'm just doing some random searching. If it was ME, if I wasn't attached to that lamp style, I'd replace the whole fixture, but that's just personal preference.

Bogie

I don’t know what the light value (lumens) Is of the bulb you have, but Rec Pro has a 600 lumen bulb of that type. There are also very bright led bulbs available with automotive (bayonet) style sockets. Only thing is, the type of fixture you have leaves the lamp exposed and a brighter bulb may be harsh on the eyes.

You may want to consider changing out the entire light fixture.