Electric Charges for campgrounds.

traveler44

When we stayed at Gulf Waters Resort in Port Aransas last year, I was disappointed that the weekly rate did not include electricity. There was a discounted price for the weekly rate, but the cost of electricity was about the same as the discount. So the discount would only mean something in cool weather.[/QUOTE)
I think it is pretty much common practice to charge a higher monthly fee if the utilities are included in your rent. I think I would rather pay the higher monthly rate than to worry about how much electricity we are using. We spent most of the last 3 months with the entry door open and the ceiling fan on and the big sliding windows open and the vents open in the bathroom and bedroom The cost of L.P. gas was close to $5 a gallon in Fl. this year where we stayed. That sounds like a lot but it is only $7.10 more per tank full than if they charge $4 a gallon.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For us, it's pretty much a wash. If we're using electric at the CG, then we're not using it at home. With the condition the owners keep the CG, I'm pretty confident some of the profit they might be making off the meter is going back into the CG.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
When we stayed at Gulf Waters Resort in Port Aransas last year, I was disappointed that the weekly rate did not include electricity. There was a discounted price for the weekly rate, but the cost of electricity was about the same as the discount. So the discount would only mean something in cool weather.[/QUOTE)
I think it is pretty much common practice to charge a higher monthly fee if the utilities are included in your rent. I think I would rather pay the higher monthly rate than to worry about how much electricity we are using. We spent most of the last 3 months with the entry door open and the ceiling fan on and the big sliding windows open and the vents open in the bathroom and bedroom The cost of L.P. gas was close to $5 a gallon in Fl. this year where we stayed. That sounds like a lot but it is only $7.10 more per tank full than if they charge $4 a gallon.

Yikes, I just pay $35 to fill up a 40 gallon tank (@80%=32gal) at my local National Park Service CG.

danemayer

Yikes, I just pay $35 to fill up a 40 gallon tank (@80%=32gal) at my local National Park Service CG.

If your tank is like what most of us have, you're filling a 40 pound tank with about 9 gallons. $35 would be slightly less than $4/gallon.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If your tank is like what most of us have, you're filling a 40 pound tank with about 9 gallons. $35 would be slightly less than $4/gallon.

Mea culpa!! I was reading and writing two different things. That makes it more reasonable!:eek:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Man... What do you mean hijacking my thread... Electric does not come in tanks. Who knows in a few years we may be buying electric for our cars also. Just not sure if we can carry it around in tanks..

LOL.. Hope your doing well.. Have a nice day..

BC

rvn4fun

The park we stay at here in Yuma charges 15 cents a KW. While we are here we average about 35.00 a month electricity. We do watch it, here is what we do. We leave water heater off until 4 Pm, that night we wash dishes, take our showers, shut water heater off at about 10 PM. We operate water heater on gas. We never watch tv, in the day time unless the weather outside is bad. Here in Yuma we are outside most of the time. We use the fantastic fan a lot when the weather is above 80, and now a few nights we have set a portable fan in the bedroom window. We unplug both our computers at night etc. We operate our rv refridgerator on electric plus we have a dorm size fridge outside under the slideout and we have a deep freeze up where the optional washer would have went. We have 2, 4 amp solar panels up on the roof and we manually shut our converter off at the fuse box. If we need some heat we have a catalitic heater, so we never run our propane wasting furnance. So we still live comfortably and at night we usually have both tvs on, as I like my football ect.

Last edited: