Electric tongue jack -- will this fit my trailer?

pegmikef

I am not familiar with the Mallard, but you need to make sure that the diameter of the hole in the A frame of your tongue matches the diameter of the jack's pole. Also make sure your trailer tongue height is high enough to accommodate the jack's length.

I am not familiar with the Mallard, but you need to make sure that the diameter of the hole in the A frame of your tongue matches the diameter of the jack's pole. Also make sure your trailer tongue height is high enough to accommodate the jack's length.

Thx pegmike. I will measure when I get out there if no one knows about the mallard specs.

- - - Updated - - -

It will fit. Ours lasted a year. Bought a better one at the RV show.

thx for the info. Do you have the mallard m27? Or are these jacks one size fits all?

garyroee

I purchased this Quick Products JQ-3500W Electric Tongue Jack for my 34ft car hauler and it works great. I love its rather extensive 3,650-pound loading capacity. This feature could handle lifting my 6,000-pound trailer with relative ease. It has some features such as manual crank override, a heavy-duty weatherproof vinyl cover, a bubble-style leveling cap...

Last edited:
I have owned my 2017 Heartland Mallard M27 trailer for one week, and it is my first TT. I am shopping for an electric tongue jack (link below). The one I am about to buy says the tube diameter is 2.25 inches. Is that a standard size that will work with my trailer? (I would measure if I could but the trailer is in storage and I am in my office).

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Quick-J...4892&sr=1-1&keywords=Jack+Quick+3500+JQ-3500B

Thank!

Scott
That jack will work. Bought the same jack 6 years ago. If you look at the chrome plate on the bottom of the leg you will see the pin. You pull the pin and that leg drops another 6- 8 inch's. A hole about every inch to repin. That give the extra length when you need it.