Electrical Outlets

SweetP

Hello Heartland Owners!
We are interested in the 305RW and went today to look at it in person. We really like the layout of the unit, and has everything that we want and fits our storage and hauling needs. One thing that I did not focus on when we were there, electrical outlets. So I started searching the internet. I do not see any electrical outlets in the kitchen or bedroom areas, except for where the TVs are mounted and one on the vanity in the bathroom. Is that true? Are there really no electrical outlets in the kitchen/dining or bedroom areas? Trust me, anyone who knows us does not want to be around if we don't have our coffee in the morning! :eek: I looked at a few videos that I found, thinking maybe I just couldn't see them in the pictures, and I didn't see any. Those of you that own this model, would you mind giving me an idea where these outlets could be? Under the cabinets maybe? Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi SweetP,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yes, there are outlets for the coffee pot and clocks and things. I'm not sure where on the 305 your thinking of, but it will have outlets, but some of the family that have the 305 will jump in soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

stevenssr

They can be hard to find. Might look on the side of the bed stand, on the side of dressers and cabinets, and on the side of a kitchen island if you have one.

porthole

Retired
You have to look for outlets in areas where there is 2" of access. So this will be in hollow areas. In the galley area they are typically on the bottom of the overhead cabinet, as the cabinet bottom is hollow and allows wire routing.

Since the exterior walls are a laminated process and filled, there is no provision for wiring, hence no outlets on the inside of any of the exterior walls.

Bedroom, look on the sides of the dresser and in the closets, bath, on the front of the sink cabinet.

The 305 is very similar to the 3010, and the 3010 has limited number of outlets. If you like the trialer go for it and adapt, figure out had to add some.
There are many here who have done exactly that.

This is common to any brand of trailer that is bulit with laminated walls.

ILH

There is one mounted on the underside of the kitchen cabinets, and another one mounted on the side facing the entryway (i.e., main door).

As for the living room area, there is at least one that I recall in the TV recess. There are two more by the dresser in the bedroom, another up higher on the wall for the TV in the bedroom. Another plug is at ground level by the bed (closet side). The bathroom has one in front of the sink.

In the garage there are two mounted on the underside of the cabinets. Outside the unit, there is a plug in the basement with a passthrough for an extension cord.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask.

Last edited:

SweetP

Thank you for all of the responses, they were all very helpful. IHC, your description was perfect, and I will be sure to look in those areas. porthole, your response made perfect sense once I thought about it. And, the fact that the unit we are looking at has the darker wood, they just weren't as noticeable. Thanks again to everyone! We look forward to our first trip once we have finalized our purchase!!