Electrical Wiring

CAN-DO

Why is there not an unit electrical schematic provided with the owners manual? Furthermore, why are wires not labeled at least to the circuit type, terminal block and terminal number or device that the circuit is controlling/powering?

I work in the electronics industry and all of our circuits/terminal strips are labeled per the schematic drawing. The labels are pre-printed and the installer only has to slip it on the wire.

Your installers understand the circuits as it a day-to-day operation, but for the owner it is a headache!!

It sure would save the owners alot of trouble when electrical devices/circuits require troubleshooting.

Thanks,

CAN-DO

TeJay

CAN-DO,
You just asked the 1,000,000 dollar question. We sold our Dutch Star MH last summer and purchased a North trail. I asked the same question prior to taking delivery. Our MH had a complete wiring diagram and of course each electrical device had its own diagram. The TT had almost nothing and what it did have was generic.
Here's where I think the difference comes in. Motor homes are built on a complete electrically self contained factory designed chassis and all MH electrical devices derive power from the chassis they almost have to have complete wiring diagrams. Here's another possible reason. It's an expense to provide wiring schematics for something that probably few will use.

I believe it goes along with this. Our TT, did not come with shock absorbers. Now when I asked why not I was told that since you don't ride in your TT you don't need shocks and it saves them $$$$. A leaf, coil or torsion bar suspension system will oscillate when it hits a bump. Those oscillations are transferred to the TV, which in turn starts the TV oscillating. Shocks are designed to dampen the suspensions oscillations. It took me about $100 and about 3 days to design and install shocks on the TT. And they are at the correct angle so that the shocks will work.

Here's another example. Why don't all TT's come with radial tires????? They are stronger, have lower rolling resistance (better fuel mileage) and ride much better. Primary reason is $$$$. Yes TT's may need a stronger sidewall but that can be made in a radial as well.

The TT industry is a breed far different from the MH industry. I think they are still trying to save a buck when they can. I guess that's OK.

Just my 25 cents worth

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Why is there not an unit electrical schematic provided with the owners manual? Furthermore, why are wires not labeled at least to the circuit type, terminal block and terminal number or device that the circuit is controlling/powering?

MONEY IS THE MAIN REASON. YOUR HOUSE IS WIRED JUST LIKE YOUR RV. THE BREAKER BOX IS LABELED AND THAT IS ALL YOU BASICALLY NEED TO KNOW FOR THE AVERAGE PERSON IN A HOUSE OR RV. SURE IT WOULD BE NICE TO COLOR CODE EVERY WIRE AND LABEL IT, BUT IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.