Electrical Wiring

Hi just using our new 420RW for the first time and are having issues with the GFCI outlets. Trying to trouble shoot is very difficult without the wiring schematic. Does anyone know where I can locate the wiring schematic for this unit?

Thanks,

Stacie

danemayer

Hi Stacie,

Based on the occasional past post like yours, I don't think there are electrical schematics available.

Can you describe the problem and what you've done so far to figure out the cause.

Hi Dan,
My husband spent hours trying to figure out the problem last night. However, the difficulty lays int he fact that we do not know where the wires lead to next. We know the wire goes directly from the CB box to the main GFCI outlet with the reset button. He was able to follow the wire to the first three outlets after that, however, the next outlet may or may not lead to the one across the other side of the room. It may lead to a large electrical box behind the couch (which is mounted to the floor of the slide). It would be extremely helpful to know if it lead behind the couch or directly to the outlet on the other end of the room. We know the problem is further down the line from the first three outlets because he disconnected the wire from the third outlet that runs further down the line. When he did that the reset button on the main GFCI outlet does not pop, however if that wire is connected it does pop.

Thanks,

Stacie

danemayer

Stacie,

You guys may already be aware of this, but the GFCI outlets are typically the ones that may be exposed to water. Kitchen outlets, bathroom outlets, all of the exterior outlets, the outlet in the UDC, and possibly the outlet in the basement. Not sure about the refrigerator outlets, but I think they may be on a separate breaker.

Outlets in the slides are often on a separate circuit breaker with wiring that goes through a j-box on the bottom of the slide. So other than the kitchen outlets, they may not be in the loop.

If he hasn't looked at all of the exterior, basement and UDC outlets, that's where I'd go next.

Thanks Dan. I'm not sure what UDC stand for, perhaps my husband will. We know the outlets on the slide are on the same loop because they went out at the same time. Also once before they were not working and when we pushed the reset button they came on. Obviously there was an issue before, however transporting the unit to the camp ground must have jiggled something that made it even worse. Thanks again for the help.

Stacie