Electronic door lock

mobilcastle

I installed the electronic door lock from Mobil Outfitters. It seems the key FOB needs to be very close to the lock to work. Is anyone else having the same situation or do they all work like that?
Thanks
Steve

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ours is finicky. 2/3 of the time I can't get the keypad to work, (unlike DH who can nearly every time) so I carry the fob. I hold it next to the handle and works every time. It doesn't work consistently 3ft away or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jbeletti

When I first got mine, I tested the distance the FOB would work and got about 25 feet from it. Now I get about 15 feet. Sonny told me that the batteries in it are Chinese and to replace them right away. I have NOT done this. Maybe a stronger battery will improve the transmitter distance??

DocFather

I have the RVLock by JT Guardian. It works fine and is consistent but the distance will not be like a car/truck keyless remote.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't use my experience as a gauge. (BTW, we've changed batteries in the handle unit twice and the keypad, no improvement.) I think we got an reconditioned model or something that just doesn't work 100% as it should.

All in all, still better than hauling keys, I AWAYS had problems with our keys.

porthole

Retired
20-30 feet, when it works, which is about 50% of the time. And it is only a 90 day warranty.
For the price I would think it would a) work better, b) fit better.

Installing on a 4 year old trailer, the shape difference if quite obvious.