Elk Ridge 29RKSA electrical hookup issues

We have a new Elk Ridge that we are having some 12volt charging issues with. Twice now when the RV has been plugged in to a regular 110 plug to keep stuff charged and it has come up completely dead. It has been quite frustrating when we are ready to leave on a trip an hour behind schedule because of recharging while hooked up to the truck.

So, is there a switch I should know about? The 110 is working as the microwave beeps and comes on. Our old 94 trailer was seamless, I assume this should be light years beyond that technology so this must be a defect with a switch or something.

Two other peeves about this rig so far. No shut off on the front leveling unit so a person wouldn't unknowingly bury the pins into the trailer while retracting and burn out the motor. Arg.

Tire lug wrench doesn't fit lugs. Hmmmm....that would have been a big problem.

thanks for any help on this.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to look behind the wall in the basement and find the converter.
You want to be sure that it is plugged in. If you have a multimeter you might want to check the output.
Also check the circuit breakers. Look for the one marked converter. Turn it off and then back on.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi McLaughlincreek,

You may have a tripped 12V mini-breaker that's interrupting the electrical path between the power converter and battery. Take a look at our owner-written 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide which has pictures, and explanation, and a diagnostic flow chart to help you figure out what's wrong.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What "lug wrench" are you referring to? I don't HL supplies this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

No shut off on the front leveling unit so a person wouldn't unknowingly bury the pins into the trailer while retracting and burn out the motor.
From past posts, I think the usual recommendation is to put a mark on the legs so you know when they're retracted enough.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Tire lug wrench doesn't fit lugs. Hmmmm....that would have been a big problem.

thanks for any help on this.

What lug wrench. Heartland does not furnish this. You need a torque wrench.

Thanks for the info everyone. Dan that block diagram helped solve the 30 amp fuse for the leveling jacks which was inline in the battery compartment. I'll have to have our dealer figure out the converter issue, I didn't come up with any tripped breakers or fuses for this. Plus I don't want to deal with any warranty issues for tearing into any walls.

yep, I'll have to steal a torque wrench from our shop for the lugs. I just assumed that stuff would be provided. Got a remote for the fireplace thou! :0).

Thanks for the help all.