Enough Truck??

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I have never really been a Ford guy either. But I have been starting to like them a little more every year.

As far as the 6.0L issues.......I know that Ford had issues in 2003 and some of 2004. I thought they had the issues figured out by 2005 though. Am i incorrect in thinking this?

I would really like as much input as possible. I want to save myself a trip if it isn't going to be worth it.

Thanks everyone!

First off, I am not brand loyal in any way. Would take any of the big 3. That being said, my last truck was a 2005 F250 with the 6.0 diesel. Around 65k miles or so. Regular maintained by Ford service. Hauling a 6500lb North Trail. $4500 to fix everything that the 6.0 was famous for. Thank goodness for extended warranty. Only paid less then a quarter of that out of pocket. The big problem was I never felt at ease when towing after that. Took one extended trip after that and traded it. It is a shame, it was one of the nicest trucks I ever had. I have pics of the cab lifted off the frame to get to the heads. That's how Ford designed to get to the Motor. I've heard people have great performance with them, I did not.

Good luck.

wdk450

Hi Gang:
I was responding to a post on another forum about towing ratings and did a Google search to find articles that support my contention that the automakers all has had their own (different) towing tests. Well, I came across an USA Today article that said that the Society of Automotive Engineers put a committee on this and came up with a STANDARDIZED set of towing tests that have been adopted by all the U.S Automakers (and some foreign ones). This test has been implemented on the 2013 Year production year and will be used in the future. Here is a link: http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-to-standardize-towing-ratings/1#.Uf-9t9K1Etg