Entry step options 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon

Dan54

Would like to get some better entrance steps. The original steps hang free & do not touch the ground which causes a lot of flex & instability when in use. We have used adjustable jacks under the bottom step for years but our current setup with the steps opening up onto our deck doesn’t leave enough space for this to work. Are there any options that are fairly easy DIY?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

One option if Tork Lift steps.

But you are looking at over $850 for the new steps. We looked at the new ones.

Another brand is the MorRyde Step Above steps. Which is what is on our Road Warrior front entrance.

Dan54

One option if Tork Lift steps.

But you are looking at over $850 for the new steps. We looked at the new ones.

Another brand is the MorRyde Step Above steps. Which is what is on our Road Warrior front entrance.

Thanks much for the reply with links. Will take the time to look at these options. The MorRyde looks like what we have on our other trailer.

NYSUPstater

I vote for the Torq- Lift steps. Replaced the orig 4 bouncy steps w/ them and love them. No dirt goes inside of coach which can be a issue w/ the Mor-Ryde ones. Took a little to install, but worth it.

Bogie

I vote for the Torq- Lift steps. Replaced the orig 4 bouncy steps w/ them and love them. No dirt goes inside of coach which can be a issue w/ the Mor-Ryde ones. Took a little to install, but worth it.
X2.....I love my Torklift steps.

rhodies1

I also have the Torklift Steps. They fold in under the unit and not inside like Mor-Ryde. Units get enough water intrusion just from use without putting wet steps inside in a rainy day. Torklift has the best warranty and customer support that I have dealt with in the RV industry. You can contact the MGR directly. Her name is Candace Kay @ 253-261-5586.

SLO

X3 on TorkLift but they’ve got way more expensive since I bought mine.

Dan54

Are the Torklift steps adjustable depending on the height of the ground they extend to? Most of the time our steps will land on the wood deck at our campground. It is about 7 inches off the ground. Also would need to extend to the ground when not at the campground. Also I see these steps are heavy. Do they come in manageable unassembled parts that can be handled by one person during assembly? Thanks

rhodies1

Yes the have extendable feet at the bottom. Each adjust independently to adjust for uneven ground.
They come pre- assembled but are very easy to install. They bolt into existing step spot. They are some dimensions that Torklift require and the steps are made to order for your unit.

NYSUPstater

Also, they are a bit hefty to lift while installing. I think I placed them onto some wood blocking and a floor jack to lift them up/high enough to put bolts in. May require taking some skirting screws off to gain access to 1 or 2 bolts. Had to get a shorter bolt or 2 cuz of clearance w/ step housing. If you do have to get extra bolts, just make sure they are stainless steel. Once installed they are a tad harder to pull out and push back in, but a shot of lube on pivot points cures that. So far we haven't had any issues on terrain where we've camped. Like rhodies1 said, each leg is adjustable PLUS a couple different locking points on top for your preference where to have top step. Wish I had installed them on our old coach so we didn't have to use/carry a small step.

NYSUPstater

Pics of the Torq-Lift steps. Comes all put together, host have to remove old steps and put in new ones. Only pic I have of them fully extended is a video, but being computer illiterate, don't know how to upload a video. Go figure! LOL !

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg