Epic Power Failure

dglatta

Hello all,I am writing to you for advice. We have been away from our 2013 Landmark Key Largo for about a month. Our daughter got married last week and I had knee surgery 2 days ago so there has not been a lot of time for camping.
Our trailer has been hooked up to 30 amp service on our seasonal site in Decorah, Iowa for several months. We haven't been there for about 4 weeks so we asked a friend to check on it today. He found that there was no power and hadn't been for some time. The refrigerator is a total disaster and smells like you might expect after 4 weeks of hot weather. My friends report that there is power at the post. At my suggestion they replaced the 30/50 adapter (dogbone) and they still had no power. They flipped off and back on, all of the circuit breakers in the trailer and turned off and back on the whole house switch outside. The TRC Surge Guard is not lit (I think there are lights on it...I don't remember) and they couldnt spot a reset switch tonight. Do you have any other ideas for things to check. We are in a real mess here and any ideas you may have are VERY welcome.

I am also looking for advice on how to get rid of what is apparently, a rather noticeable stench in the trailer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dave

danemayer

Hi Dave,

Perhap the TRC Surge Guard took a hit and has died - or just failed. Maybe they can try plugging into the pedestal without it.

Also, if you have generator prep, there's a transfer switch in the electrical path between the power cord and the circuit breaker panel. It's usually located behind the basement wall, not too far from the backside of the circuit breaker box.

jbeletti

Dave,

Do you have the Full-Timer's Package? I am assuming you do as you state "TRC Surge Guard".

If so - see these documents on Heartland Owners Manuals (link).

Jim

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
As for the cleanup and the smell, do all the cleaning you can and then take fresh coffee grounds and place them on paper plates around the RV and in the refrigerator. Close the RV up for a couple day. When you open the smell should be gone. My Dad taught me this years ago, he used to this after hauling meat in a refer trailer. He would take a 5 lb. can of coffee grounds and dump it down the floor and close it up over night. Next morning you wouldn't have know there had been meat in it.

kowAlski631

Scrub with baking soda. Then use combo of Baking soda & fresh ground coffee. Lost power on our boat a couple of times & that was the only thing that worked.