Eureka Yellow Jacket Central Vac

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Central Vac

Here is another outlet for some bags for these little yellow jobbers: 9 for $12.95. Haven't tried them yet.

One thing to do if your vacuum quit working:
  • lift the cover where you insert the hose
  • look in at the top of the opening and locate the two metal "probes"
  • take a pair of needle-nose pliers or even a paper-clip and touch both of them at the same time - it's not going to shock you, trust me - you can touch them with your fingers even :cool:
  • check both of your outlets the same way
  • I had a wire loose on the back of one of mine, it was a simple fix
If one works and the other doesn't, you may have had a wire come loose. If neither of them works, mke sure you have power to the outlet where the vacuum is plugged in. Don't check this outlet with anything other than a volt meter - it will shock you! :eek:

When inserting your hose, make sure that the metal band on the hose contacts the 2 metal probes in the receptacle.

computeraces

GEAUX LSU TIGERS!!!
We have a 2010 3580RL Bighorn and we've had it for almost a year. We thought the vacuum was a nice feature and ordered ours with it. When we got it, we tried it and it just didn't live up to our expectations. I finally got around to checking it out. My dad also has a Bighorn with the vacuum and I tried his and his worked a lot better. So, I knew something was wrong with mine. Checked the hose, and it's fine. Both areas to connect the hose worked the same. I read that someone opened up their bottom step and accessed the hose there and fixed their problem. I found one screw on the step and took it out and it allowed me to get to the back where the hose connects to the plastic outside part. It was not aligned correctly and was sucking air behind the front plastic piece. I unscrewed it and aligned it correctly and re-screwed it and now it works WAY better and is now worth paying extra for it. So, if yours is not sucking as hard as you think it should, something may be wrong with it. Attached is a picture of it before we fixed it. Notice how it was not aligned correctly.
vacuum..jpg

jbeletti

Computeraces,

Good work and thank you for sharing.

For others just taking delivery of coaches with a central vac, I might add that the vac units are received by Heartland with the dust bags in a plastic bag, shipped loose inside the canister - so, NOT installed. During your PDI, please check this and always install the bag then and there if it is not already done. I also suggest that you install the bag yourself so you know how to put it in there. Can be tricky and if the dealer does it and you're not watching - more fun later.

Jim

trippingt

Does anyone know where the exhaust ports out the central vacuum cleaners. The intuctions say it should not vent into a closed space. I haven't taken mine apart to see where it goes. I thought I would ask the forum first.

Thanks,
Trippingt

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Any one know where to find the model/serial number on this unit? Already looked everywhere visible (inside the storage, around the nozzle hole).

Thanks in advance.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
You will probably have to pull the bulk head wall to get to the rest of the unit where the data plate is. Did you check your paperwork to see if it was there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bikeon

Our Eureka Yellow Jacket just started making a screeching sound and giving off the "burning brushes" odor. We have a 2011 Cyclone, but the unit certainly has not been used to the point of wearing out! Anyone else had a similar issue?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Our Eureka Yellow Jacket just started making a screeching sound and giving off the "burning brushes" odor. We have a 2011 Cyclone, but the unit certainly has not been used to the point of wearing out! Anyone else had a similar issue?

We have had our rig since '06 and have had no problems with the Yellow Jacket. We have a herd of long haired dogs ,so it does get a pretty good workout ,been pleased so far. I guess I need to find some wood now to knock on....LOL....Kenny

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We were using our Yellow Jacket yesterday and when I went to take the hose off, it keep running. I went downstairs and even disconnected all the low voltage wires coming from the 2 inlet ports and it still ran. Had to unplug it to get it to stop. Anyone have this issue? Any suggestions as to what to do next? The vacuum worked great before and we would like to get it working again!

dave10a

the installed vacuum works well and will pull a fly off the wall at 12ft :) However DW does not use it because the hose is too hard for her to pull around. She uses her up-right instead. I tried the pulling the hose around and found it is a little too short and does require more effort to use. I hoping that it will help sell the unit when the time comes :) that way I don't feel too bad about paying for it in the first place.

Birchwood

Hey,
Just a quick question unrelated to the S#... Does your central vac system actually work:cool:... My wife was excited about the central vac until we hooked up the hoses.... I think a 92 year old woman with lung problems can suck harder then that thing :D

Our vac had poor suction also and found it was due to a poor pipe connection at the intake flap.I secured the connection
with aluminum tape and the suction is now very good.Also ...I did find the S/N on the vac as I had to replace it under warranty.
Can't remember where the S/N is located on the unit but was difficult to find.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had ours go out due to a power surge (before using the EMS) and took it to a Eureka dealer only to find out there is no repair for them just replace it. So it was replaced under insurance.

traveler44

When we first got ours I took the cap off of the canister in the basement and found the vacumm bag and instruction book inside a plastic bag inside the canister. If your vacuum doesn't have any power make sure that the instruction book isn't rolled up in a plastic bag inside the canister. We had vacuumed with it a little and so everything inside the canister was a dusty mess but the vacuum worked fine after that. Tom

mikeandconnie

Ours went out and we took it to a Eureka repair facility under warranty and they just replace it. We prefer our upright shark and use it most of the time,thou.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just finally got where I could pull my vac out. And low and behold, after a "Sharp Rap" it is now working. Thanks Duane for the tip. Going to put it back in tomorrow and lets hope it works for a long time.