EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Use the web. Be sure to put note in special request that you are with Heartland Rally

jnv

Reservations have been made via the web site. We will arrive on the 26th and depart on the 30th.

gschaaf

Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Reservations are made via the web will arrive 4/25 leaveing 4/29

Gizzy

Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Made reservations on-line and rec'd e-mail confirmation today. Ar-4/26 - dep 4/30 (unless the fishing at the pier is too good) and we might be forced to stay longer. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces again and meeting new folks also.

JJOren

Got our confirmed reservations today. Arrive on the 26th out on the 29th

ncc1701e

We have our reservations: Arrival 26th - Leave 30th

We've never been to the area and are really looking forward to the trip. We're trying to figure what to do the couple days between Hilton Head Rally and Gulf Shores. Is anyone else traveling between the two rallies?

hogan

Heh Guys, I expect someone will chime in with other advice, but several of us are arriving early for the Rally to get in some extra visiting, shopping, eating, etc. and we would love to have you come in early and join the early fun. Donna and I plan to be there on 4/22 along with several other couples. Come on down

Hogan Cooper

Gizzy

Wish we could join you guys early, but we have a commitment on Wed evening. We plan to leave Early Wed AM and hopefully arriving before noon. We will probably hang out in the area for a few days after the rally. Anxious to see you guys again.

hogan

Just one month left before the Gulf Shores Rally. Just back from a great chapter rally with the Florida chapter. Several folks there are trying to work our Rally into their travel schedules. Some coming from the Hilton Head Rally down to Gulf State Park. And might I suggest that those who can, head a few miles northeast on the following weekend for the Heartland Southeast Regional Rally at Pine Mountain, Ga. It's a beautiful location with lots of opportunities. Be sure to email davebennington when you sign up so he gets you on his attendee list.

hogan

They have RV parking behind and on south side of market. Fun place.

osims

bsims

Our reservations are made, we will be arriving 4/25 with jayc and davidg

hogan

The Blue Angels will have practice sessions at Pensacola Naval Air Station on April 24 and 25th prior to our Rally start on April 26th. For those that are arriving early, I plan to drive over to Pensacola for one of the practice sessions depending on weather forecast. I will shoot for 25th and plan to tour the Museum there after the practice session. If anyone wants to sign on for this, we can car pool or wagon train over. It's about 30-40 minute drive over along the beautiful gulf coast.

You will need your picture ID to get on the base. No weapons allowed. The link below shows the schedule.
Hogan

http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/media/show/2012PracticeSchedule.pdf

hogan

Here is a link for the Naval Museum at Pensacola NAS. If you like aircraft, spacecraft, Navy history, etc. you have got to go there. Admission is free; food and drinks are available in the museum.
There is an IMAX theatre which does charge admission; It's all on the link below; explore the opportunities.

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/

osims

bsims

I think we will move our reservation up 1 day, we would really enjoy going towatch the Blue Angels

Lou_and_Bette

They say "you souldn't wish your time away" but I wish it was time for the rally...we gotta get away from the Ft. Worth/Dallas area...dodging these storms is racking my nerves

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Hogan;
After all the busy signals on phone, I finally figured out how to do it online. We're in. Plan on being there on 26th departing 29th. Also I asked about LeAnne. She works through William Cline Agency ph # 727-789-4594.

Mickey and Bonnie

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

We changed our arrival to the 24th so we can go to P-Cola too. We've seen the Blue Angels before and will love to see them again.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Arriving from Michigan on the 22nd and staying until the 29th when we head to visit daughter in Atlanta for another week. Sorry to hear my fellow Michigander JohnDar won't be making it. I also thought Jay and Bill would drag my SOB brother along. Unfortunately, he said he can't make it. My patience is wearing thin, I am ready, need to leave asap

Status
Not open for further replies.