EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Huachuca City - 10/16/2014 to 10/19/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron-Cookie

We will bring baked beans.... The more you eat the more you toot.... LOL Lots of bean means lots of tootin....

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Last week to RSVP and ensure a spot with the Rally group! I will release the names and spaces to the RV Resort on Friday. We will continue to accept RSVP's after this week but you may or may not be in with the Rally group. If we have any Snowbirds in town and want to join this event, please sign up as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing everyone at our Inaugural Rally.....

Count me in! Terry Matsunaga will bring Hawaiian coconut dessert, called Haupia. Unfortunately, Sunny and the girls will miss this event as the girls will be in school.

Doublegranch

Terry:

Welcome! Happy you are going to make the Rally. Sorry we won't be able to meet Sunny but hope she will make it to the Quartzsite Rally.
Looking forward to meeting you in Oct.

Doublegranch

Just recieved an email from Larry & Jane Davidson. They will be attending the Oct Rally and bringing: Coyote Joe's Black Bean and Corn Salad along with some tortilla chips.

Larry and Jane are new to the Arizona Chapter and we all look forward to meeting you both.

Mrsfish

I'm soooo fricking excited to meet all of these new people! This is going to be one heck of a first rally! Congratulations to us

Doublegranch

Networking really works.....Our newest members Larry and Jane Davidson has just picked up a couple more for our Oct Rally. I just sent Tawny & Gary Lamb an email and I am waiting for their RSVP email to arrive....

Tawny & Gary are Heartland Owners and met Larry and Jane up in the Show Low area....

This certainly is exciting times and we will have 20 RV's at our Inaugural Rally. How impressive! A big thank you to all who have signed up and for Jane and Larry's networking efforts.

See you in Oct..... Please remember to post your pot luck dish you will be bringing.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
It is good to see your hard work payoff. The Arizona chapter is off to a great start.

Doublegranch

It is good to see your hard work payoff. The Arizona chapter is off to a great start.

[Greg & Linda: Thank you for the nice comments. I sent out an email recently and said I think I went from Retirement back to a full time job....but loving it.]

Doublegranch

Larry & Jane: Your networking not only gave us another couple for our Rally, but I just spent some time walking them through the membership as well. So we are pending their new membership in the Arizona Chapter as well.
Great work! I take it you didn't want to be the junior member at the Inaugural Rally.....

Doublegranch

Latest update on our Arizona Chapter Inaugural Rally......

We are locked and loaded for the Oct event. RV sites have been finalized, RSVP list has been completed, Menu selected and Door prizes for each rig, some with a higher value than others.
A few surprises...
I have name tags for our new members so we are able to remember everyone. Make sure you bring your Heartland Name tags and wear them at all Club house functions. If not, be prepared to tell a clean joke or sing a song....
We have a super Grand prize drawing that everyone will want to win.... We also have a Raffle gift for a beautiful Portable Propane camping oven. Tickets will be sold at $5 each.
Our small inaugural gifts have been ordered and are being made in Colo.
Everyone will have an opportunity to win a few dollars during our game night, which could pay for your Rally site fees.

Don't forget to bring a gift for our "Steal a Gift Night"
Don't forget to post your pot luck side dish...
Don't forget the DATES>>>>>OCT 16-19......

I have a wine tasting table reserved at Kief Joshua Vineyards for Saturday, should anyone want to visit the wine country and taste a few GREAT Wines!! Some that I help bottle each year.

Like a kid waiting for Christmas......I will see you all in just over a month.......

MTPockets

We're looking forward to this Rally and meeting everyone. Should be a great Inagural! .... Terry & June

Mrsfish

Thought this would be the best place to post something of interest regarding Arizona even if it's not about the rally. Rick and I are in the White Mountains for a heat respite this weekend and we just got snow at the 260/sunrise turnoff!! Driving through there after a visit to Greer and it dropped around an inch for about 200 yards at 2:15 this afternoon. It was fun!

Doublegranch

Snow.....YES...Dakota would love it...Can't wait for some colder weather...I think we will have a cold winter this year..

Mrsfish

Beat of luck to all of my further south and further east arizona friends. This storm looks like it's tracking right over you. Hopefully the rv park remains good for our rally. Stay safe

Ron-Cookie

I was about to send a message to Garry too... He needs to close all his windows....
Don't want what happened to Phoenix last week to happen down there!
Sand bag the doors Garry! Dakota can swim... Can you?

Doublegranch

Thanks everyone...the rain has been steady, but not overly hard...It has been going on now for about 20 hours...my ponds are about to overflow into one another.So far the ranch house is staying dry...The RV Resort should be fine for our Rally....I do have the boat ready, just in case....See you all soon.Garry & Dakota

Doublegranch

Checked out the RV Resort today and all is okay after the storm. They received just over 4 inches of rain yesterday, but all is fine!

See you all in a few weeks!!!!

Mrsfish

Well, just got home from a very wet last weekend in the white mountains (we missed you bob and Marion but it was really wet) pulled the rig home so we can now get ready for our very first HOC rally and the inaugural arizona rally. Looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing some semi new friends we met at the meet and greet. Gotta go now and make a shopping list for icecream!

Status
Not open for further replies.