EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CA, Temecula - 10/30/2015 to 10/31/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
William, don't know yet. As soon as the design is done and the color picked, I will post them on here, JMHO, a black or dark color shows the art work better....BUT....if you live where it gets 107* (today) here...I would not wear a dark colored shirt.

I have about a week or so to get the design and color picked. So, everybody give me some ideas on a color....lite...dark. Personally I liked the color from last year. But not 2 years in a row.

mlpeloquin

Hello Marc and Carol. How about D 10. Welcome back. Looking forward to see you both again. As before, you will pay me for the 28th thru Sat. the 31st, but the days after the 1st you need to contact the CG and pay them yourself and tell them what days. I would suggest you do that ASAP so they don't give away that site.

Bob, Yesterday while installing a washer/drier I rolled my ankle and dropped one step down on it coming out of my fifth wheel. I thought I had just sprained it and continued working. Up and down the ladder as well! Five hours later I went to the doctors and the x-ray shows I broke my fibula. Clean across at the ankle. I cannot drive for at least eight weeks and will have to back out of the rally. We were really looking forward to it, and hope to attend next year.

Marc & Carol

Bob&Patty

Marc, wow, that's too bad. Take care of yourself and get well soon. Hope we see you and Carol soon. You must be a tough old bird...keep working with a broken leg....really??

macjj

Venue:
------------------------------
  • SOCAL CHAPTER FALL RALLY
  • 45000 Pechanga Parkway
  • Temecula, CA 92592
  • Bob Hartsell 951-699-0946
  • pechangarv.com
  • Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $$5.00 per pet
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: no

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 24
  • Site fee: $50 per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: no
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/31/2015
  • Potluck time: 6 PM

• Event Leader: Bob&Patty(click to contact)

• Well folks, it's that time again. The Socal halloween rally is here.

This year we have all of "D" row and 4 sites in in "E" row. "D" row starts at the Office. There are 2 premium sites that a little bigger. I have reserved all sites from Wed the 28th and Thurs the 29th at the $40. per night. At this point all I could get is the provilian for the Potluck...but will keep trying to get the clubhouse.

The rates are are as follows:

Wed the 28th and Thur the 29th are $40 per night.

Fri the 30th and Sat the 31st $50 per night.

Premium sites are D2 and D15 and are $55. per night.

All sites are 55'

Everyone must check in at the office when you arrive to pay for pets and receive your paperwork. You also must have your sewer hose out after you get parked in your site before they will unlock the sewer dump cap. Their rules...not mine.

If you want to come earlier than Wed the 28th or stay later than Saturday night the 31st. The cost will be at CG rates. $50. per night. These you will need to contact the CG and reserve them yourself. Also you will need to pay for them yourself. Same as last year. So pick a site#,dates you are staying and let me know what they are. For all other days you will need to contact me about the site you want as I have to tell the CG what site you are in.

Payments for your site will need to be sent to me except the extra days as mentioned before.. I will NOT need your check until October 1st as I will not cash them before that.. I have to inform the CG on what site you choose by October 1st also. A note anyone that has not attended a rally at Pechanga before, I have to pay the CG myself after the rally.

Make checks out to me (NOT PECHANGA) and do not mail before October 1st:

Robert Hartsell
39287 Copper Ct.
Murrieta, Ca. 92563

I would like everybody to think about ordering event "T" shirts and sweatshirts again. If I get enough people that would like them, I can get the ball rolling with a design and costs.

One of our members suggested that we purchase halloween costumes for our puppies, cats, birds or armidillo's if you have one.

We will have a raffle at the potluck so, if you will bring a unwrapped gift somewhere between $15-$20. It does not have to be RV related and most people prefer that they not be. If we have enough people we will also have a 50-50 raffle.

On Friday night at 7 PM, we will have a Sweet and Greet. Pat and I will supply the pie and ice cream.

The Owners Club will supply the main course, plates, silverware, sodas and bottled water for the potluck. If everyone will bring a side dish to feed 10-15 people. Salads and desserts will work also. Its a BYOB as far as adult beverages.

ATTENDEES:

D-1.
D-2....Bob and Pat............10-28 to 11-1
D-3....Carl and Sylvaine.....10-29 to-11-1
D-4....Marty and Theresa....10-29 to 11-1
D-5....William and Mary.......10-30 to 11-1
D-6....Gary and Sue...........10-29 to 11-1
D-7....Scott and Roxan......10-29-to 11-1
D-8....Wayne and Melinda...10-28 to 11-1
D-9....Don and Dawn.........10=29 to 11-1 (SOB)
D-10...Howard and Sherry...10-30 to 11-1
D-11...Len and Susan........10-28 to 11-1
D-12....Rick and Sandy......10-29 to 11-1
D-13....Jack and Barbara....10-30 to 11-1 newbie...so be nice
D-14....Simon and Nori.......10-29 to 11-1
D-15....Jim and Melody.......10-28 to 11-1
D-16....Earl and Susan.......10-30 to 11-1
D-18....Fred and Leslie.......10-30 to 11-1
D-20....Jim and Christine.....10-30 to 11-1
D-22....Trace and Teri........10-28 to 11-1
D-24....Floyd and Carol.......10-28 to 11-1
E-5.
E-7.
E-9.
E-11..

Bob & Patty;

Put us in for any available site from E5-E11. I assume these sites are the same $50/night. No pets, and yes put us down for T-shirts, women's XXL, men's XL. Arriing on the 31st, departing on the 1st. I will put a check in the mail tomorrow

Bob&Patty

Jay, just to make sure. You are arriving on Saturday the 31st and not on Friday the 30th. Put you in E-11.

mlpeloquin

Marc, wow, that's too bad. Take care of yourself and get well soon. Hope we see you and Carol soon. You must be a tough old bird...keep working with a broken leg....really??

I guess! It surprised the doctor. He thought is was only a sprain as well until the x-ray showed it snapped clear through. No bruising and minor swelling. Just a lot of pain. Thought if you could walk on it, it could not be broken. Well this proves this wrong. Already going nuts not being able to do anything.

Marc & Carol

hillarycu

We are very excited to attend our first event. Cannot wait to meet everyone. Thank you William and Mary for telling us about it.

jimtoo

Hi hillarycu,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hillarycu,
Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club and congratulations on your new rig! Trace

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
We are very excited to attend our first event. Cannot wait to meet everyone. Thank you William and Mary for telling us about it.

Welcome to the group. We all have fun at these rallies and set around and watch Bob get old. Can't wait to meet you at Pechanga

Bob&Patty

I need to have everyone post what you are bring to the potluck. We do not need 50# of potato salad. Salad's, desserts, chips and dips, deviled egg's ( my favorite), etc, etc would be great and only enough to feed 10-15 people.

- - - Updated - - -

I just returned from Pechanga and met with Hillery, Alan Brownstein and DW and Ed Tapia. I have one yes and two possible's.

BTW, Jim 45, I am getting older...but, just trying to catch up with you.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob,
After you meeting with the people at Pechanga, are we still welcome there? Trace

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Yep you are. Hillary, Alan and Ed are great people. I guess Hillary is our new Socal ambassador. If a HL shows up, she on them like duck on a June bug.

etofav

Hi Bob, Nice meeting you today and thanks for all the info on what I might do to get this fixed. Hope to make it to the rally, but like i said maybe to much with plans already.

Bob&Patty

Ed, it was great to meet you also. If it works out for you that's great...if not..there is always a rally going on somewhere.

Bob&Patty

OK, BOY'S and GIRL'S. I will be needing your checks for the rally within a week or so.

Thanks, Bobo

Status
Not open for further replies.