EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Buena Vista - 5/12/2016 to 5/15/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Domi, "Omelette in a bag" is a fun way to make breakfast....the raw scrambled eggs go in a baggie with whatever ingredients you would like. It is then sealed and dunked in boiling water to cook. The Chapter was introduced to this method a couple of years ago by Steve & Susan...who will be hosting it again at this rally :)

dwpkdavis

We made reservations today. Cathy didn't commit a site up number for us. Our dates at this time are 5/11 thru 5/16.

Greengas

Reservations made. Don't know what site we have yet but at least the reservations are made! Can't wait to see everyone. It's been way too long.

gwalter

I talked to Cathy yesterday and she confirmed the reservations noted above. Although we have 15 signed up for the 15 reserved sites, she assured me that at this time of year they will have extra openings for anyone still interested. We would love to get 20 plus rigs for this rally. You still have until April 12 to decide. All you need to do is call her and then let me know so I can get you on the list.

Gregg

WHS69

Gregg & I are looking forward to spending this time in Buena Vista again and seeing everyone.

Linda

StarryNight

Since the sign-up sheet for the pot luck has been added I guess I'll have to think this thru!! I may still be bringing "creamy potatoes and sausage" to the pot luck...but I haven't decided...time to start checking with Betty Crocker;)

Last edited:

Domi

Not sure if it matter much but we needed to change our reservation. Now staying 5/12 thru 5/15.

John and Domi

Bgthomas

I have one more obstacle to clear, but we'd love to join you. I'll call Cathy on Tuesday and post our spot.

gwalter

We hope it is an easy obstacle to clear and look forward to seeing you in Buena Vista. I have found that the best time to contact Cathy is around 2 in the afternoon. I will be trying to call her this week and reserve a few more sites as this rally continues to grow.

Seren

Spoke to Cathy and have reservations at Arrowhead. Arriving May 11 and departing on the 16th. Alice and I are looking forward to meeting everyone 8299 ft up in the Rockies. Our current elevation is 8 ft at Panama City, Fl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bgthomas

And the Thomas family will arrive on Friday and leave Sunday morning. Cathy can't tell me the spot just now, but consider us reserved. We own a propane stove with griddle (big sucker), but can also bring all manner of ingredients.

I suppose I'll say a prayer and some chants or something over the rig before traveling on Friday the 13th.

gwalter

Our youngest son was born on Fri. the 13th, wife is oldest of 13 kids, and we were married on the 13th. It is not unlucky for us.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just reserved our spot from Thursday the 12th. and leaving Sunday the 15th. . . . don't know the site # yet!

StarryNight

Spoke to Cathy and have reservations at Arrowhead. Arriving May 11 and departing on the 16th. Alice and I are looking forward to meeting everyone 8299 ft up in the Rockies. Our current elevation is 8 ft at Panama City, Fl.

Mike & Alice,
I hope you're enjoying some warm weather in Florida!
It will be a long drive...be safe.
Hopefully the altitude won't affect you too much.

Seren

[Mike & Alice,
I hope you're enjoying some warm weather in Florida!
It will be a long drive...be safe.
Hopefully the altitude won't affect you too much.

Actually will depart for Pensacola this Thursday, then Biloxi, New Orleans (during Mardi Gras), then slowly making our way across Texas. Let's see, 8299 ft - 8 ft / 98 day till we arrive for the rally, = 85 ft/day, so we have to increase our elevation 85 ft every day to get to 8299 ft by May 11th. Oh btw, the highest elevation in Florida is 345 ft.

gwalter

I talked to Cathy at Arrowhead Point today. She is currently in the Eastern US visiting family but has her computer with her and still taking reservations. I am sure she will get sites assigned when she gets home. She assured me there are plenty of sites available and looking forward to hosting our group. Everyone still has plenty of time to sign up for this rally. Let's make it one of our biggest yet.

Bgthomas

Actually will depart for Pensacola this Thursday, then Biloxi, New Orleans (during Mardi Gras), then slowly making our way across Texas. Let's see, 8299 ft - 8 ft / 98 day till we arrive for the rally, = 85 ft/day, so we have to increase our elevation 85 ft every day to get to 8299 ft by May 11th. Oh btw, the highest elevation in Florida is 345 ft.

i think you will find that you will acclimate as easily as your tow vehicle.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Gregg:

I will arrive on the 11th and Cathy said it wouldn't be a problem for the 10th if I decide to change. Depending when I leave from the Albuquerque Rally...
All set and paid...

Status
Not open for further replies.