EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Buena Vista - 5/12/2016 to 5/15/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
10 day forecast shows lows in mid 30s, highs in the 60s and clear through Thursday. Cross yer fingers. Mechanic will do both front bearings for about the same price as whole hub assembly. I trust this shop, and I need some confidence in the repair.

I was checking weather as well....looks good till Friday...of course I'd rather it rain/snow to help keep fire danger low...maybe it'll hold off until we are all snug in our rigs at night!?:D

My fingers and toes are crossed...for you as well as Don & I...he's still working on the new disc brakes...finished them yesterday and was checking for leaks. Guess what? Yep, found one that wouldn't quit. So he's replacing that section of line today. Stay tuned..........

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've got the dealer's mobile tech coming here today to finish (hopefully?) the warranty repairs they started last October, and I'll be dewinterizing the Prowler today as well.

One week from today . . . can't wait!

Buena Vista here we come!

Do you think Buena Vista is ready for our wild bunch?????

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Why do you keep referring to us as a group as wild? That does not describe the two of us for certain. I would describe our group as a whole as friendly, thoughtful, helpful, kind, interesting, knowledgeable, and downright fun to be around.

StarryNight

Why do you keep referring to us as a group as wild? That does not describe the two of us for certain. I would describe our group as a whole as friendly, thoughtful, helpful, kind, interesting, knowledgeable, and downright fun to be around.

Sounds like we need to have some video evidence made!:rolleyes: If someone hasn't done it already!

Hmmm...mojitos...sounds like a good plan :)

UPDATE: Don is on cloud nine:the brakes are finished. Thank goodness!!! He can get a bit cranky when things don't go as expected:p

gwalter

Good to hear he has the brakes done.

Hope we can bring some of this warmth back with us to BV. It was 85 today!

StarryNight

Hope we can bring some of this warmth back with us to BV. It was 85 today![/QUOTE]

It was about 78 here at the house today, slight breeze...very nice :)
Hope you are all having a great rally...have fun and safe travels.
See you next week.

Greengas

Talked with the good folks at the campground today. They said that "unofficially" we are in site 31. We are taking the rig out of storage on Tuesday, putting it up on Buckley AFB for two days to get it ready, then we are off to Buena Vista on Thursday morning! Can't Wait!

StarryNight

I know everyone is soooo anxious for this rally....it's been too long!
I check the forecast about every day and it gets better each time :)

danemayer

We'll bring a Red Potato/Greenbean side dish for the potluck, and can bring a snack to pair up with Lou & Bette for the Poker Run.

in my landmark.jpg

StarryNight

Disc brakes finished, electrical plug for BH put into the new truck's bed, basements all loaded, propane tanks full (it's going to get chilly @ night), fridge turned on and cooling (always a good sign!), new fan put in the living room (original had a snapped blade) & re-glued/re-stapled a piece of trim.
Will take the BH for a test drive around the block and test brakes :) I'm assuming all will function correctly.
Load the fridge and we are ready to go....hallelujah!!

Everyone take care & see you soon!
Monica & Don

JohnD

Got the new stereo installed . . . upgraded as the model that came from the factory was discontinued, and the mobile tech did a great job making the entertainment center look good after it got all tore up trying to remove the old stereo.

It also looks like the cable TV line is fixed right this time . . . I'll know when I hook up to the cable at the Rally!

As far as I can tell, everything else is fixed as well.

We will be leaving here around 11 a.m. on Thursday and should arrive between 2 and 3 p.m.!

See you all then!

Can't wait!

Mrsfish

Now I'm really ****** we're not there. FIshed out of that shop twice last summer- they were awesome and the Arkansas has become a favorite River. Good luck and tight lines!

gwalter

Garry, Lou & Bette, and Linda & I are here and ready to go. Everyone drive safe.
The weather is great.

JohnD

Cool!

Hold down the fort 'till the rest of us get there!

How is the weather up there?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Talk about painting a picture.....the mountains are capped with beautiful white snow, the valley has the Arkansas river flowing just begging the girls to jump in...light breeze and the fresh clean smell of the Colorado Mountains....Super area...Now if only I had my RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnD

See you in three days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.