EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Buena Vista - 5/12/2016 to 5/15/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I know some of you really want to be a Poker Run Host...you just don't know it! It is really a fun time moving from rig to rig (staying outside), getting cards for your own poker hand at each of the host rigs, trying out appetizers and beverages made by each host and/or host partner...hoping for that Royal Flush!!!:cool: All that participated in the Poker Run at last years rally in Central City had a blast!!

gwalter

Thanks Dave! It looks like we have everything ready for our breakfast. See you in 5 weeks.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We need someone to partner up with us as a host trailer for the poker run and provide a snack. Lets all pony up and get these spots filled in so our supreme all knowing excellent leaders can relax knowing this part of the rally has been taken care of!!

Greengas

Please add Sarah and I to the list of hosts for the Poker Run. It does not matter what spot you put us in for that. And we will bring a salad to the pot luck! Really looking forward to the rally.

gwalter

Thanks Ronn, looking forward to seeing you guys in 3 weeks.

We are still needing 2 host trailers and several couples to pair with our host trailers to provide a snack. Also please sign up for the potluck dinner on Sat. night.

Bgthomas

Gregg and I chatted offline. We volunteer a salad for the pot luck and will host or sub-host in the poker run.

Greengas

Just sent an e-mail to the camp ground to see if they have assigned us a spot yet. A month away and we can't wait!

gwalter

If anyone is interested in golfing on Fri. or Sat. let us know and we can try to set up a tee time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If anyone is interested in golfing on Fri. or Sat. let us know and we can try to set up a tee time.

I can only play mini golf . . . although I am pretty good at chasing the beer cart!

How about some euchre?

gwalter

I would go for some Euchre. Not always sure how many know the game, but it is big in my wife's family.

I can only play mini golf . . . although I am pretty good at chasing the beer cart!

How about some euchre?

gwalter

Euchre is a trick taking game with a trump, played by four players in teams of two. The basic play is similar to Whist, i.e. each player plays one card, the highest card of the suit led wins the trick, unless someone has played a card of the trump suit.

Only the cards 9-A in each suit are used and 5 dealt to each player. The top card of the remaining 4 is turned up and can be called trump or if everyone passes then one of the players can call their own trump.

There is a lot more rules but this is a VERY condensed version.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I would go for some Euchre. Not always sure how many know the game, but it is big in my wife's family.

I think we may have found a way to get euchre popular west of the Mississipp!

We'll introduce it to the HOC!

- - - Updated - - -

I had the beer chasing down at a very young age!

OK . . .

Euchre is a card game . . . kinda like pinnuckle (not sure how to spell it) . . . only with half of the same deck!

Can't explain it here, but will have to have a class at the rally!

It is a fun game, to be sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.