EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Marathon - 10/13/2017 to 10/15/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Hello Linda. Put Hogan and Donna on the list of interested in the Aquarium Encounter.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The Mathis' would like to go to the Aquarium adventure so put us down.
B--

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Linda/Walter - we have had to change our reservations (again), staying only 1 week instead of 2. Our arrival date is still the 10th, but leaving on the 17th.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
To All Florida Residents: if you are looking for an upstate inland place to go to get away from Irma, you are invited to come to Fawn Ridge campground, near Kissimmee FL. It's $25 per day, $140 per week for 50 amp FHU, concrete pads. Swimming pool. Etc. This is a member owned park, many Heartland owners are owners. You will need a reservation. Contact me at ahcooperii@gmail.com for more info. I will arrange your reservation. Hogan Cooper

JJnVA

Jack & Judi are in for the Encounter! AND, Praying there is no USA encounter with Irma this week!!

DebiMac

Be safe, Florida friends! We are praying that all of you and your homes will be safe and well!

plshilo

Well from what we have seen......Not To Well, No Power, No Water, No Cell Service, and the Biggie Not Much Road Cleared to Find Anything Out..... Maybe Walt & Linda have more information??????

Toccoatravelers

Well from what we have seen......Not To Well, No Power, No Water, No Cell Service, and the Biggie Not Much Road Cleared to Find Anything Out..... Maybe Walt & Linda have more information??????

I have spoken to Walter and Linda they are safe and of course their first priority is their family and home, as it should be!

I happen to be a member of the Jolly Roger Facebook page, they said a preliminary aerial inspection showed that all buildings appear to be standing, picnic tables are where they left them and the property looks better than they expected. There is no word regarding the dock or water damage? Quite obviously utilities will not be functional.

I would expect that once the Jolly Roger folks can get back to the park and make their assessments and Linda and Walter are able to return to a reasonably normal life, decisions will be made as soon as possible, there is still a month before the official start of the rally.

Thanks,
Patti

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
As many of you folks know the Florida keys have been hit with a serious hurricane and I don't have
any answers yet , we will hopefully let all of you know within the week whether Jolly Roger will be back up
And running.
Linda

lindaw

The people who run Jolly Roger are going in
today to assess damage, pictures I have seen
dont look too bad. Will let you know as soon as I know.
keep your fingers and toes crossed.
Linda

lindaw

Here is an update from Jolly Roger
Update. We have power, water and sewer up and running except pole behind Randy's trailer that has to be replaced. All the roads are cleared and Deb has been busting butt to get the pool back in shape. Tomorrow we are going to concentrate on trying to save some of the trees that were just pushed over and see what we can do with the trees and shrubs around the pool. On top of everything else the wind shifted last night and we have sea grass clear out to the dock. Dang, Mother Nature is reallly ****** at us.....lol
Hope this is a positive note that this rally is meant to be, will keep you al posted.
Walter and Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.