EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Marathon - 10/13/2017 to 10/15/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks for the update. Please Keep us up to date as the rally dates are getting closer and closer.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Thanks for update Linda. Really hope that it all will come together for the rally, I know the entire area needs a lot of support to aid in the recovery.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
I just got a call from Angie at Jolly Roger and they plan to have park up and running in time for rally with a couple of minor inconvienences.There
will maybe not be any cable or wifi. Many of the businesses and gas stations are already operational. I understand that some of you may want to cancel and if you do, you may call the office after 9/25 and refund will issued. Please also let me know so that I can
plan accordingly.
Linda

DougS

Doug S
I just got a call from Angie at Jolly Roger and they plan to have park up and running in time for rally with a couple of minor inconvienences.There
will maybe not be any cable or wifi. Many of the businesses and gas stations are already operational. I understand that some of you may want to cancel and if you do, you may call the office after 9/25 and refund will issued. Please also let me know so that I can
plan accordingly.
Linda

Great news, I'm sure the CG and area can use the support to help recover their losses from Irma. Just hope I'm back from HL factory repair.

Nabo

We will be there. For some of the folks coming in early, can we help with some of the clearing/cleanup of the area? It would be a great Heartland Gives Back project. I can bring heavy gloves and maybe a rake or two.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Great news! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help with the rally! We will be there!:cool:

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
The Coopers are coming. Arriving as planned on Oct. 10th. And a reminder to anyone who might be looking for a good spot to stopover on the journey south to the Keys. We have several Heartland members who will be hanging out at Fawn Ridge Campground in Davenport, Florida, near the intersection of I-4 and US-27 starting this Sunday, September 23rd and right up to the week of the Marathon Rally. We can invite you as a guest, but we need to make a reservation for you.
Please contact me, Eric van Opstal, Nathan and Byrd Mathis, Larry and Judy Haynes, and we will set up your reservation. We are going to have some "Warm up for the Rally fun and you should be part of it. Dick and Reta Hill will be here as our special honored friends. We have sereral rigs already lined up to be here and we have room for many more. 50 amp FHU concrete pads, for $25 per day or $140 for a week.

lindaw

We will be there. For some of the folks coming in early, can we help with some of the clearing/cleanup of the area? It would be a great Heartland Gives Back project. I can bring heavy gloves and maybe a rake or two.
Byrd you just gave me a great idea as a Heartland give back project, we all know the lower keys has been turned upside down by Hurricane Irma so
if everyone who attends the rally will bring something to donate, canned goods, paper towels,water, paper plates,anything disposable , then I will
personally take it to the drop off area in Big Pine Key so that it can be used. I understand there are as many as 10,000 people in that area that are
left homeless. Lets show them some of the Heartland Love.
Linda

lindaw

Great news! Please let us know if there is .anything we can do to help with the rally! We will be there!:cool:
Need all the
help we can get, going to have a barbque on Saturday so you can help us firing up the grills. By the way all the bridges have been certified safe by
Corp of Engineers. Does that make you feel better?
Linda

Nabo

Need all the
help we can get, going to have a barbque on Saturday so you can help us firing up the grills.
Linda

LInda/Walter - ya know we all will help, I can help organize food and Nathan, well he can do the "man's thing" as a cook or setting-up the grills.
B--

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Will help with the barbecue, cooking, eating, fish catching, fish fry, eating, clean-up, floor sweeping, eating, having fun, meeting old friends and making new friends, eating, ... well you get the idea. :cool:

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Linda/Walter,
We will help wherever needed! Already started gathering things for the Heartland Gives Back project!
See you soon! Ricky and Rachel

ALF

If the aquarium is open, we too are up for the adventure!

Linda - Paul is still nervous especially since we are heavier now than before! LOL

ALF

Need all the
help we can get, going to have a barbque on Saturday so you can help us firing up the grills. By the way all the bridges have been certified safe by
Corp of Engineers. Does that make you feel better?
Linda

You can count on us to help....Paul will have his rec tec mini on board too.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Walter & Linda, Santha and I hope that you have a great Rally. We wish the best to all of you.
We are sorry that we can not attend the Rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

lindaw

Walter & Linda, Santha and I hope that you have a great Rally. We wish the best to all of you.
We are sorry that we can not attend the Rally. Randy, Santha and the Poodles
Me too Randy sorry about the dog rules. We will miss you too, won't be the same.
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.