EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, Savannah - 10/18/2018 to 10/21/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Leslie and I will be arriving on Tues the 16th on site 10. It looks like you've got an awesome rally in the works!

GETnBYE

I’ve been trying to do a bit of planning for exploring the area. The amount of info on the internet is overwhelming.

Can anyone share any info they have from research or previous knowledge of the area?

We would also be interested in info on nearby places, I don’t mind a day trip!

Cant wait for this rally!

Toccoatravelers

I’ve been trying to do a bit of planning for exploring the area. The amount of info on the internet is overwhelming.

Can anyone share any info they have from research or previous knowledge of the area?

We would also be interested in info on nearby places, I don’t mind a day trip!

Cant wait for this rally!

Consider a Trolly Tour, it will take you all over downtown Savannah, point you to the best sites, and then you can re-board where you got off all over town. The Pirates House is a good place for lunch ( I think) or dinner (definitely). If you use your own vehicle park up on Bay St. and then Walk down to River St. not much parking down there. There are several haunted and historic Cemeteries to discover, Bonaventure is beautiful. if you have never read the book, “ Midnight in the Garden of a Good and Evil”, It would be a good read before you come, to give you an insight into this unique city. And last but not least, try to go to the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace and First Headquarters of Girl Scouts. I am a lifelong Girl Scout so I am partial to the history and it’s founding in the wonderful city of Savannah! Feel free to send me a message if you have questions! Savannah in the fall will be beautiful!

GETnBYE

Consider a Trolly Tour, it will take you all over downtown Savannah, point you to the best sites, and then you can re-board where you got off all over town. The Pirates House is a good place for lunch ( I think) or dinner (definitely). If you use your own vehicle park up on Bay St. and then Walk down to River St. not much parking down there. There are several haunted and historic Cemeteries to discover, Bonaventure is beautiful. if you have never read the book, “ Midnight in the Garden of a Good and Evil”, It would be a good read before you come, to give you an insight into this unique city. And last but not least, try to go to the Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace and First Headquarters of Girl Scouts. I am a lifelong Girl Scout so I am partial to the history and it’s founding in the wonderful city of Savannah! Feel free to send me a message if you have questions! Savannah in the fall will be beautiful!

Thank You very much. That is helpful info.

Is there any plan to have some sort of potluck during this rally? I want to make sure we come prepared to participate if that is the case. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Hi All!
Yes, there is a potluck planned for Saturday night. There will also be a meet and greet on Thursday and we will ask that everyone brings finger food. I will get the Agenda posted here in the next few days.
Please rely to this thread and let us know what you will be bringing for the Potluck and the meet and greet.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Dorothy will bring green beans plus a dessert for the potluck. Meet and greet still a mystery. Just told that "pigs in the blanket" is a strong possibility.

Hi All!
Yes, there is a potluck planned for Saturday night. There will also be a meet and greet on Thursday and we will ask that everyone brings finger food. I will get the Agenda posted here in the next few days.
Please rely to this thread and let us know what you will be bringing for the Potluck and the meet and greet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GETnBYE

Since we have not had to cancel this rally yet, I’ll go ahead and put a food item on the list.

meet n greet: cheese ball/crackers and pickled green beans

potluck: potato salad (mustard), garlic herb dinner rolls

Last edited:

Sniper

Depending on the time we get in on Thursday we'll be bringing chips and salsa for the meet n greet and the commander will be bringing her world famous pasta salad for the pot luck. :)

kimdot

Will bring ham roll ups for meet and greet and dill pickle pasta salad for potluck. See ya soon,

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Hey Y'all!!!!
Almost time to Rally!!
Here is the rally Agenda:
Thursday
Meet n Greet – 5:00

• We know many of you are traveling in today but please stop in even if you get here after 5!
  • Please bring finger food to share
  • Companions 4 Heroes founder to come speak
  • Buy your 50/50 Raffle tickets

Friday
Breakfast 9:00 – 10:00 (provided by the club)

• Sausages
  • Scrambled Eggs
  • Biscuits
  • Gravy
  • Juice and Coffee
TST Tire Monitoring Seminar 10:00
Explore Savannah and dinner on your own.
Ice Cream Social 6:00 – 7:00
Bingo – 7:00 until ?
Buy your 50/50 Raffle tickets

Saturday
Continental Breakfast 8:00 – 10:00
Kids Activity – TBD
Explore Savannah on your own
Pot Luck 5:30 – Please bring a side dish or dessert – Italian Beef provided by club
Last Chance to buy your 50/50 Raffle tickets
50/50 Raffle Drawing
Silent Auction – Get your wallets ready as we have some great items to auction off
(Proceeds to go to Companions for Heroes)

Sunday
Continental Breakfast 7:30 – 9:30
Time for many of us to head out – Safe Travels All!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Paul & Sue, Santha is going to fix chuck wagon beans for the pot luck.
Randy

rbspitz

Mississippi Chapter Leaders-retired
Paul & Sue,

We will bring green bead casserole and desert to the pot luck.

Thanks,

Randy & Brenda

jjwink

[SUP]Winkles will bring deviled eggs and dessert to potluck
??? To meet and greet

[/SUP]

Status
Not open for further replies.