EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Anacoco - 12/5/2014 to 12/7/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sure wish we could make it out that way. Maybe in a couple of years when work quits getting in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sure wish we could make it out that way. Maybe in a couple of years when work quits getting in the way.

Would love to have yall down this way any time you can make it. Just let us know.

'Lil Guy'

Get your score cards out, the Bakers (Frank & Debbie) could be on the way. That SP is pretty close to us. About 175 miles. We want to get our feet wet with our new "Lil Guy". I'm getting tired of being the smallest rig at these events.lol I need to get use to towing this small 5th wheel. Hopefully, someone else will park it for me while I drink a cocktail. I don't want the DW and I to get into it and ruin the weekend over a parking session. Barring bad weather, we'll try to make t. I'll post back as soon as we know for sure. Hopefully I can get off of work for a couple of extra days. I'll know by Friday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

jassson007

Get your score cards out, the Bakers (Frank & Debbie) could be on the way. That SP is pretty close to us. About 175 miles. We want to get our feet wet with our new "Lil Guy". I'm getting tired of being the smallest rig at these events.lol I need to get use to towing this small 5th wheel. Hopefully, someone else will park it for me while I drink a cocktail. I don't want the DW and I to get into it and ruin the weekend over a parking session. Barring bad weather, we'll try to make t. I'll post back as soon as we know for sure. Hopefully I can get off of work for a couple of extra days. I'll know by Friday. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Frank we certainly hope you and Debbie both can make it. Like I said it will be a laid back time to get to know some other owners in a very peaceful setting.

And don't worry about laughs on your backing up skills, this will be our first rally to host so I am sure we will have some laughs our way too but let's all have fun together. Can't wait to see the new "little" guy.

'Lil Guy'

Barring bad weather, we'll be there. I'll make reservations today. We need to take our rig out and break it in. This is a good place for it and not too far. I like SP's anyway. More room, fire rings, cocktails, what else could you want other than some good company. See everyone there. I'll post back latter today with our campsite. Have a great day.

jassson007

Well gang this rally is less than two weeks away but there is still time if you would like to join use. We have 7 confirmed rigs and possibly an 8th but waiting on Tom to make sure his schedule works out. There are still plenty of sites left in the park so if you want to come hang out with us at the first Louisiana rally please make a reservation and let me know so I can get you added to the list.

Also later this afternoon/evening I will be adding an agenda so keep a look out for that.

jassson007

For those interested I have added and agenda but we do not have to follow it if everyone would rather change things up. Just wanted to put it out there so everyone would have an idea of things to do...

'Lil Guy'

Bighorn, Big Country, Landmark, Blaa bla bla. I'm still the "Lil Guy". I wonder why the other brands by Heartland don't look at these Rallys? Probably intimidated by the size of the Big Boys. We went to our 1st Rally in our NT21FBS and had as much fun as any of the Big rigs. Plus, I had enough room in my pull thru spot to park 4 of my TT's. Mater of fact, I had trouble finding the "Lil Guy" a couple of times. Being new at this pastime, I went with a thousand questions. Point is, you don't have to have a big 5th wheel to enjoy the friendship and knowledge available at these functions. I'd like to see more of the TT's of all sizes attend. Just my 2 cents. l already have more questions to ask about our new rig. See everyone this weekend.

'Lil Guy'

Looks like a serious chance of rain. I'd hate to be holed up with the DW for 2 1/2 days. Someone tell me there will be some sun. I don't think I have enough whisky for this . 60, 80, 70% chance? Dohh

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Looks like a serious chance of rain. I'd hate to be holed up with the DW for 2 1/2 days. Someone tell me there will be some sun. I don't think I have enough whisky for this . 60, 80, 70% chance? Dohh

You don't actually believe the weatherman do you?? Haha. I really don't want to be inside with Dave either. I get enough of Fox News and The Blaze TV at home. Hmmm...we may not be able to get TV if there are a lot of trees. Is thee a Walmart close?

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jassson007

Bighorn, Big Country, Landmark, Blaa bla bla. I'm still the "Lil Guy". I wonder why the other brands by Heartland don't look at these Rallys? Probably intimidated by the size of the Big Boys. We went to our 1st Rally in our NT21FBS and had as much fun as any of the Big rigs. Plus, I had enough room in my pull thru spot to park 4 of my TT's. Mater of fact, I had trouble finding the "Lil Guy" a couple of times. Being new at this pastime, I went with a thousand questions. Point is, you don't have to have a big 5th wheel to enjoy the friendship and knowledge available at these functions. I'd like to see more of the TT's of all sizes attend. Just my 2 cents. l already have more questions to ask about our new rig. See everyone this weekend.

I agree the tt's need to get involved. Maybe they don't know what fun is. Lol. I also wish more La folks would get involved there are 8 registered club members in la and only two of us will be here.

jassson007

Rain only on Friday and it should move through quickly. I don't trust weatherman as far as I can throw him lol. Besides a bad day camping is better than a good day at work right? Lol. See yall there.

jassson007

You don't actually believe the weatherman do you?? Haha. I really don't want to be inside with Dave either. I get enough of Fox News and The Blaze TV at home. Hmmm...we may not be able to get TV if there are a lot of trees. Is thee a Walmart close?

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Nope don't believe the weatherman either. Lol. Yes there is a Walmart about 15 min away. Lol. Btw with a portable dish you should be able to get a sat signal.

'Lil Guy'

If Friday is ugly, we're in trouble. Need some separation after one of our back-in sessions. You know how yelling carries in the woods. Our new "Lil Guy" 5er isn't big enough for the 1st night. Maybe I'll sleep in the truck or just hang out in Walmart all night.

jassson007

If Friday is ugly, we're in trouble. Need some separation after one of our back-in sessions. You know how yelling carries in the woods. Our new "Lil Guy" 5er isn't big enough for the 1st night. Maybe I'll sleep in the truck or just hang out in Walmart all night.

Lol I think Rowdy would share his kennel with you. Not sure about Kaydee. Lol

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We are so jealous. Sitting here watching sleet and freezing rain coat the roads. Enjoy your rally. I'm sure it's going to be great!!!

Jamie & Ginger

jassson007

We are so jealous. Sitting here watching sleet and freezing rain coat the roads. Enjoy your rally. I'm sure it's going to be great!!!

Jamie & Ginger

Sorry but there is still time to make it down. Lol. Gonna be in upper 60's low 70's and upper 40's at night. Great camping weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.