EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MA, Shelburne - 9/25/2015 to 9/27/2015

What Types Of Group Activites would you like if scheduled. ( most if not all would involve an extra

• White Water Rafting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdufek

Hi Kevin,

Valerie and I (Bob) just made reservations today. Sorry for the late notice but we are new to this. Can't wait to attend the 1st MA rally after attending our very 1st rally in Verona NY. We look forward to meeting new friends and reuniting with others that we met in NY. We will be coming in on Friday 9/25/2015 and leaving on Tuesday 9/29/2015. We are on site #53.

Bob and Valerie Dufek
And our Beloved Saint Penelope
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC #2858

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hi Kevin,

Valerie and I (Bob) just made reservations today. Sorry for the late notice but we are new to this. Can't wait to attend the 1st MA rally after attending our very 1st rally in Verona NY. We look forward to meeting new friends and reuniting with others that we met in NY. We will be coming in on Friday 9/25/2015 and leaving on Tuesday 9/29/2015. We are on site #53.

Bob and Valerie Dufek
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC #2858

I've said it before, these rallies can be addictive. Can't stop at just one.

Glad you can make it to the MA rally. Unfortunately Ginger and I aren't going to make this one. My job is taking me out of state that week. Dang work.

Enjoy and safe travels.

rdufek

Jamie

Sorry you, Ginger and Madison can't make it but totally understand. We were glad to of met you in NY and can't wait till we meet up with you again. We definitely look forward to attending many rallies in the future.

Safe travels to you to.

Bob and Valerie Dufek
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC #2858

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
T Minus One Week!!!

We are a week away - and things are falling into place! Excited to meet my Fellow MA Heartland Owners ( the ones I have not met yet ) and seeing others that I have not see all year long.

Email is going out tomorrow with details on schedule and the heartland gives back. We have selected a local food bank right in Shelburne Falls - and they will be coming out to meet with us and collect our donations on Saturday. For those of you coming out in advance of the weekend Glenn, Sharon and I will be there trying to figure out what we are doing :)
and wrapping up the details that I am sure we had not thought of ahead of time.

Safe Travels all - And See yo in Shelburne Falls!

rdufek

Can't wait, See you there!!! Safe Travels!

Bob and Valerie Dufek
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC #2858

Bighorn55

Mary and I have been looking forward to this weekend for sometime now. Can not believe we will be there in a week.

recumbent615

All,

Our First Mass Chapter Rally is Just One Week away! This is to communicate some details of the proposed schedule, No super big news, but just some minor changes to schedule and more details on what is going on:

Attached is the Document that we have been posting on what there is to do in the area and believe me there is a lot to choose from.

For those of you thinking about a trip down to the Big-E Fair, Great – Be aware that weekends are the busiest time for the faire and traffic is heavy so an early start is a must. If your schedule permits I would suggest that you attend on a week day, Monday – Thursday and take in the other things in the area on the weekend.

Time Table / Schedule:

• Thursday Dinner:
    • For those who will be in camp on Thursday at dinner time, we are planning on selecting a local restaurant to eat at. Details on Wednesday
    • This will be a self pay event
  • Friday Dinner at the pavilion: 6:00 PM
    • We were Originally panning a Pot Luck – that will now be on Saturday
    • Pizza dinner – and some Guest Speakers
      • We will have Bruce Bacon – From Bauer Products joining us
      • Bauer Products has generously donated some of their products for the benefit of our Club.
    • BYOB – soda and water will be provided
    • We will have a 50/50 Raffle (Heartland Gives Back)
    • We have some door prizes – donated by Heartland and others.
    • Bon fire @ 8pm at pavilion
  • Saturday:
    • Breakfast – Coffee/OJ and fresh pastries from a local bakery @ Site 33 ( time to be determined )
    • No day time events planned – see attached list of things to do and see
    • Dinner – Pot Luck dinner @ pavilion :6:00 PM
      • Soda and Water
      • BYOB
      • Second 50/50 Raffle
    • Bon Fire @ 8Pm at pavilion
  • Sunday:
    • Breakfast – Coffee/OJ and fresh pastries or donuts from a local venue @ site 33
    • Bon-voyage to those who are leaving us
    • Afternoon Cheese and Crackers ( and wine while it lasts ) at site 33 @ 3:30 pm
    • Second Pot Luck – Or not – lets discuss at breakfast – for those who are staying over ( looks like there are 8 Rigs staying until at least Monday or Tuesday

Heartland Gives Back Cause:

Heartland has a tradition of giving back to the communities that they Rally in: For this rally we have selected a local Food Pantry. I have attached their flyer in PDF format and included the items that then need most below.

• Cereal, cold and hot
  • Canned soup
  • Canned vegetables
  • Canned fruits
  • Canned yams
  • Microwave Foods
  • Peanut Butter & Jelly
  • Tuna
  • Canned Ravioli
  • Rice
  • Macaroni & Cheese
  • Baked Beans
  • Pasta and noodles
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Cake Mixes
  • Salad Dressing
  • Fruit Juice
  • Dish Soap
  • Paper towels
  • Toilet Paper
  • Hand soap
  • Shampoo
  • Toothpaste
  • Mouth Wash

View attachment Food-Drive.pdfView attachment Things To Do .pdf

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 12

recumbent615

Well we are all set up and rigs are starting to roll in. Glenn, Sharron and I have been working out the details of our plans. Always working I say. This morning we got together to taste test a selection of baked goods to select the local bakery that was going to supply our faire for Sat morning ... I know hard to take but someone has to do it... I want to thank Pat and Ed for jumping in and helping out ... ( saved me at least one or two extra pounds )

WE are also working on finding a local restaraunt to dine out at tomorrow night for the early arrivals. if you are planning on being here for 6pm tomorrow night and would like to join us for dinner please send me an email @ kmb@kmbit.com and let me know... it would be good to know who is planning on going. I'm headed out shortly to scope out a few local locations that have been recommended to us.

Saturday night we will have the Pot Luck Dinner and we will also have the director of the regional food bank on hand to accept our food donations as well as the proceeds from the Friday night 50/50 Raffle that is going to be held for their benefit.

Look forward to seeing you all this weekend!! The Weather could not be Better for Camping !!!

porthole

Retired
32 new solid lug nuts - check
Case of Progressive Products Liquid tire balancer - check
New Viair compressors later today - check

Well right now it is set - we do not have wheels to travel with. But, if they arrive and get installed by tomorrow, we will still make the run, just stay later.
Was really looking forward to checking out the Bridge of Flowers that we passed on the way home last week.

So much for comparing internet connectivity Kevin ........

recumbent615

Duane, I'll be here until Tuesday - I really do hope you two can make it up late or other wise. Keep me in the loop sir!

Steve, We'll see you tomorow - Work keeps getting in the way! :)

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend for a Heartland Rally in MA. We are so bummed we can't be there. 1300 miles so far this week for work. Can't wait to be done. That many miles, I should be heading somewhere fun, not this crap.

Have fun!! Post some pics.

marcusweeks

We are a no-go. My truck is dead, accelerator pedal position sensor went. And with it being a manual transmission, no one carries one in stock. If the one my buddy ordered is right, we'll be late. If it's not, which I doubt it is, we hope you all enjoy the weekend.

gschaaf

A Big Thanks to Kevin. Sharon & Glenn on their first Mass. Rally. Fran and I had a great time seeing everyone again. We are heading north for a little leaf peeping. See ya down the road!!!

Bighorn55

Thanks for a great Rally. Not sure how you arrange it but that moon thing was cool. Everyone have a safe trip home, and safe travels.

rdufek

Thank You Kevin, Sharon and Glenn for a great Ma. rally. Valerie and I had a great time and look forward to seeing everyone down the road again at future rallies. Safe Travels to all.

Bob and Valerie Dufek
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC #2858

Status
Not open for further replies.