EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, College Park - 8/12/2011 to 8/14/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Packed and ready. Just need to wash the truck and load the food. Leaving Friday around 2:00. See ya there!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We just joined the Owners Club today. Can we reserve a space at this event this weekend?

Carol and Fig
HOC #1972

Sure you can! Call the campground at the number listed on the first post of this thread and make sure you tell them you are with the Heartland Owners Club. Hope to see you there!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
For those who have been at Cherry Hill before. Are there any supermarkets close by? How about fuel stations with diesel?

Thanks

mikeandconnie

Shoppers Grocerys Store, Home depot, and Best Buys is 5 minutes away just turn right at the gate on it's on the left about 1 mile. Turn left at the gate 10 minutes drive and there a bigger shopping center on the left about 1 1/2 mile.

mikeandconnie

Hi all,
I just checked with the park staff , the Ralley will be in the 1300 area. We luck out and are so close no need to move.

Mike

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We arrived and have set up! Surprisingly no traffic and we cruised right down. First thing we see when we get here is a "classic Landmark" with Illinois Plates on the truck. Mike & Ann spoke to them but we'll stop by later! Getting ready for dinner so Rally On! Hurry up we're waiting!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Dang - we're pi---- that we can't be there. Have some extra fun for us.

We'll miss you for sure! This is one of those laid back events that I like so much! Think we are going into DC on Sunday with John & Mary Ann want to meet for lunch?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We'll miss you for sure! This is one of those laid back events that I like so much! Think we are going into DC on Sunday with John & Mary Ann want to meet for lunch?

Let me check with the boss. I know we have grandkid duties scattered throughout this weekend that seem to take precedence on her schedule!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
What a nice day! Swimming this afternoon and such a nice evening in the pavilion with a fire in the fireplace, hot dogs and music! Just a really nice night!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This has been a really nice day. It rained a little but it didn't bother anything. Had a very nice pot luck and spent the night at the pool and hot tub.

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 24

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Michael and I want to thank everyone who shared the College Park rally with us. Even with the rain, we had a great time and hope you did too. Most importantly, we spent time with our Heartland family and met some great new people who we can now add to that group. The Saturday night potluck was awesome, proving once again that Heartlanders are some of the best cooks. One of the big hits was Connie's Chicken Pot Pie. Even with Mark trying to tell everyone they shouldn't eat it, there was only a spoonful left which guess who took home! We would also like to thank everyone for their most generous contributions to FISH. Again, thank you for making our first rally such a success and one we will remember.

porthole

Retired
Our pups getting ready to go to the rally. Misty can't jump anymore, so she is looking for me to lift her in.

Status
Not open for further replies.