EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MO, Branson - 9/26/2013 to 9/29/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

olcoon

Check out Dixie Stampede, kind of pricey, but you get a good meal, and a show. We've been twice & enjoyed it both times!

hoefler

Take a short drive south to Hollister, and try the Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks. It is a restaurant run by the college with students working there.

danemayer

Travel advice:

From I-65 take the exit at Route 248 (Shepherd of the Hills Parkway) to get to the campground. DO NOT take the Route 465 exit to 248 or you'll take the long and winding road to the campground. If you're coming from the North, your GPS may direct you to exit onto 465. Ignore it and continue about 3.5 miles to Shepherd of the Hills Parkway.

danemayer

Hi all,

Except for Roy's mention of the Dixie Stampede, I don't see any discussion about going to shows. We're thinking about the Branson Belle and New Jersey Nights.

??

olcoon

Bass Pro had a sale the other day on brown camo bomber jackets. I got one for my son, but he needs a tall & this one isn't. It's a size XXL, & has a hood. If anyone is interested in it it was $20.00, I'm planning on bringing it to the rally & if no one wants it, I'll probably return it to the BPS in Branson. Here is a link to BPS website where it is. It's a pretty nice jacket for the money.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Dan,

Those two shows sound good to us. We've never been to Branson before. I was wanting to go on the showboat. I also would be interested in going to eat at the college someone mentioned.

we are here in site 86.

danemayer

Nancy,

We were thinking of doing the Showboat Thursday at Noon (haven't booked yet). We arrive late afternoon Wednesday.

Lou_and_Bette

We arrived today in site 109. I think there is about 8 of us here. Went to dinner with a few heartlanders. See everyone soon. Bette

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Bette, you guys need to go to Mels hard luck diner.. They sing and the food is great shakes are wonderful. It's on highway 76 .. Great place !!!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Dan,
Dave is playing golf on Thursday, but I'm available for lunch. Anyone else interested?
i would need a ride. :D

Thanks,

olcoon

Having a great time at the MO rally! There have been a lot of shows taken in, sightseeing, and a few of us have been out Munzeeing. Found a couple who are Munzeers that live just south of Branson in Harrison Arkansas, who own a Big Country. Invited them to the pot luck tonight & they joined the club...along with 3 other couples, we got a total of 4 new couples that joined HOC at the MO rally!!!!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Great time at the MO "Christmas Party". Great job, Jeff & Joy, getting everything organized. Kathy Ireland, MN chapter leader, made a wise decision passing on the famous sombrero she was awarded at the WI rally. Now the Central Region has the tradition of the traveling sombrero, and the Iowa rally is next. The MO rally has been a great time :)

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Looks like an absolutely awesome time at the MO rally! We're so happy that Senorita Sally can do the Mexican Hat Dance to the Iowa rally! We look forward to seeing/hearing who has the honor to be crowned next!

Way to go Sally!

olcoon

Had a great time in Branson, thanks Jeff & Joy for jumping in for Michael & Daphna! The stragglers are leaving in the morning with several of us heading to the Amana Colonies for the Iowa Rally. Sixteen of us went to dinner tonight @ Mel's Hardluck Diner & had a great time. Sally was a runner up for the "Ugly Sweater Contest", & tonight Bette got a serenade by one of the singers at Mel's.IMG_0405.jpgIMG_0413.jpg
Has anyone been able to get the video to work? It's not working for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.MOV
    32.5 KB
Last edited:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I gotta agree with Roy, thanks for a great weekend Jeff and Joy. We had a great time meeting some new folks and seeing lots of old friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.