EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, New Site - 10/6/2011 to 10/9/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

We arrived about mid-afternoon today. Hogan met us at the campground ranger station and guided us to camp and into our site.

What a great campground. I believe this is my first COE campground in 8 years of RVing and a couple hundred campgrounds. We have paved, near level pads, huge fine-graveled yard/picnic/grilling spaces under a great canopy of trees.

Visited with a lot of Heartlanders already here and had a nice campfire at Hogan and Donna's tonight.

Jim

jbeletti

Having a nice time at the MS rally. Had a meet and greet with appetizers last night, followed by a campfire.

This morning, we had a Safety Officer from MDOT stop by to speak to us about road safety and the law etc.

This evening we had a potluck. Yum!

I think there was a campfire tonight too but we had 2psnapod (Michael and Kelly) over for a nice visit.

Heading to Tupelo tomorrow :)

Jim

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Philadelphia - 10/6/2011 to 10/9/2011

Just wanted to let Donna and Hogan know that the 2ps had a wonderful time tonight! We even stayed over at Jim Bs way too long but that was a really nice time getting to know Jim and Nancy. Looking forward to having fun tomorrow with all our fellow Heartlander's here at Piney Grove Campground.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
What a great bunch of folks at the Ms/Al Rally. And we are blessed with wonderful weather. Thank you to everyone who came to the Rally. Great Potluck last night and Johnny Bishop RV's in Columbus is sponsoring our Steak Dinner tonight. Let the good times roll.

Last edited:

jbeletti

We bid farewell to a few more Heartlanders today. Yet, 7 rigs remain! Terry Adkins held a great devotional for the group this morning. Thank you Terry and Ann!Hogan took several attendees out for sail boat rides while the rest of us played games and relaxed :) Tonight we had the after the rally, rally potluck. Lots of GREAT leftovers. Then we sat around the campfire telling stories and listening to music. Wayne and Nita roasted peanuts over the campfire. Really nice time. Nancy and I plan to follow Michael (2psnapod2) and Kelly (2psnapod1) to Montgomery tomorrow for an overnight stay on our way to the FL/GA rally in Brunswick, GA. Thanks again Hogan and Donna for putting on a great rally. Thanks too to Wayne and Nita Cooper (getnbye) for your help. I know Hogan and Donna really appreciate you guys. All chapter leaders need great wingmen :) Jim

GETnBYE

We got home today a bit before 2 and by 2:45 Wayne was headed to the woods to sit in a tree and wait for a deer to walk by. How boring??

Anyway, as for the first AlaMissiBamaSippi Rally.........it was just wonderful. Wayne and I had such a great time and met some terrific people and revisited with some that we had met at other rallies, it was so much fun and we had such a good time.
Thanks to all who came and made this rally fantastic, and so much fun.
Thank you to Hogan and Donna, you both worked so hard and did such a good job on this rally. I can not imagine how tired you both must be, hope you get some well deserved rest. I can not wait until April in Gulf Shores, ALABAMA......yea!!
Can't wait to see everyone again.

hogan

I know the photographer did a great job of getting every smiling somebody in the picture; Looks like the picture uploader cropped a couple of folks off the right side. I bet Jim B can fix this, so I am leaving it as is for now.

What a great time we had at the Ms/Al Rally. Donna and I agreed today that we were not ready for it to end and see everyone pulling out for home and other places. Just makes us look forward so much to the next Rally down in Gulf Shores, Al at the Gulf State Park.

Big Plus for our Chapter as we had two couples join Heartland Owner's Club and our chapter during the Rally. Terral and Penny May from Webb, Alabama are members #2022 and Bob and Barb Mansolino from Hartselle, Alabama are members #2023. That gave us a 100% Heartland Owner's Rally. Everyone should welcome them to HOC and to our Ms/Al chapter. Bobemuzzy and Terral I believe are there user names on the Forum

Everyone at the Rally did their parts to make the Inaugural Rally one we will not forget. Lots of recipes to add to the "Recipe List" on the forum; great campfires (thanks Terry), our Chapter Photographer captured many smiles, a special Thank You to Terry and Ann Adkins for conducting the Devotional on Sunday morning. And to Jim and Nancy Beletti, it was great to have you come to our first ever Rally. We hope you will be able to join us again down on the Gulf Coast in April. And bring your Tennessee neighbors with you.

Last edited:

hogan

Here is the Rally Photo. Click on it to enlarge it. What a handsome group? Thanks Nita for the great photos.

AL-MS_Rally_Group_Picture_Titled_1200x600.jpg

Lou_and_Bette

I just wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful welcome to us newbies and to Hogan, Donna, Wayne, and Anita for all their hard work in ensuring all the rest of us had a great time. Bette and I were sad to leave Sunday morning but had some much to do when we got back since we are preparing for full time and the yard sale is next Saturday...(Bette sold my bed yesterday so I'm sleeping on an air mattress for now) everything is going. A special thanks to Terry Adkins for sharing alot of his "experience" to help us first timers. We are working hard to make sure we can make the Gulf Shores rally so we can see all of you again. A side note to Jerry who was trying to help resolve a trailer brake issue I had on leaving...no actual problem when we arrived back at the home parking space found that apparently my big foot had hit one of the brake controler's adjustment wheels so all is working fine now...thanks for trying to help me but no cure for studid!

Lou and Bette

hogan

Greetings Heartlanders of Mississippi and Alabama; We miss y'all already.

As we look forward to the next Chapter Rally down at Gulf State Park on April 26th-29th, 2012, I have a request. Would each of you think about the Rally we just completed and pass along any suggestions you may have. If there was something we did that you would rather not do at future Rallies and Campouts, send us your thoughts. If there is some activity that you would like to have included in the future, tell us that. Any ideas at all to make our Rally better will be appreciated.

For example, I would like to conduct a live, hands-on demonstration of "How To" Grease Bearings, Check and Adjust brakes, lube Wet Bolts at the next Rally; that is if Bob Mansolino will agree to help. And one of you may think of something to share with others. A cooking lesson using the Convection Microwave for example.

So let the ideas flow,

Hogan

Lou_and_Bette

I couldn't think of any better topics to include in the agenda...way to think outside the box to include "stuff" we all would like to know. It's no wonder our rallys are the best with you leading the group, Hogan.

Lou

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Hogan,
My hubby has a topic he would like to present at the Gulf Shores Rally - EMERGENCY RV TIRE CHANGE. Good with you?

hogan

Excellent Betty. No one better to give us the low down than Dirty Harry. Thanks for the great suggestion.

hogan

Johnny Bishop RV in Columbus, Mississippi was a great help to our Rally by sponsoring our Saturday night dinner. If you could drop them a line and thank them for their gracious support, I am sure it would be meaningful to them. The address is:

Johnny Bishop RV, 8971 HW-45, Columbus, Ms. 39705
or you can email them at sales@johnnybishoprv.com

Status
Not open for further replies.