EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MT, Red Lodge - 9/7/2017 to 9/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomEgenes

Founding Montana Chapter Leaders-retired
JUST SHOW THIS POST FOR FREE PROPANE AT BRETZ !!!!!

Hello Montana Rally Attendees,

Welcome to the Red Lodge Heartland Montana Rally!

On behalf of Bretz RV and Marine, we want you to enjoy the outdoors; and what better way to start your adventure than…Free propane! We invite you to come and see our state of the art service facility at Montana’s largest family owned RV dealership celebrating 50yrs in business.

Stop by our Billings location
Bretz RV and Marine
2999 Old Hardin Rd.
Billings, MT 59101

Before and after the rally, present this email and you will receive up to 14 gallons of free propane!

As a special thank you, don’t forget to stop by our Service Department for priority service that you may need, so you can get back on the road and enjoy the outdoors!

From everyone here at Bretz RV, enjoy the rally!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Tom:
Great Job! That is a nice perk for your MT Rally attendees!
Is it still 99 cents a gallon after the 14 free gallons??

dlw930

Cool! I have one empty 10 gal tank and with the temps being forecast for the next couple weeks, it doesn't look like I'll be needing a lot for heating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Just to let you know that Rick Cherry and ourselves will be arriving Wed. a day earlier than when we registered. The campground has OK'd the change. Doug

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Anybody have any updates on the smoke situation. Friends called the campground and the person on the phone said the smoke was real bad.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

jbeletti

We plan to leave Colorado Springs, CO Tuesday morning and push to Rivers Edge RV and Cabins Resort in Evansville, WY - just east of Casper. Wednesday, we plan to push NW, all the way to Red Lodge. Below is an image of my planned route from Evansville. Question for those in the know:

Does that last leg from Belfry, west on 308 into Red Lodge look well doable pulling a 43' 5th wheel?

Full Wednesday Planned Route:
Google ChromeScreenSnapz353.jpg

Last leg on Wednesday (satellite view) - is this route doable?
Google ChromeScreenSnapz354.jpg

TomEgenes

It's a little smoky here in Red Lodge but it comes and goes hopefully will get a nice rain and it will clear up for the rally most of the smoker is blowing in from western Montana about 400 miles away

dlw930

It's smokey....
http://svc.mt.gov/deq/todaysair/smokereport/mostrecentupdate.aspx#satellitePhotos

#2 son, USFS assistant forest ranger, who lives outside GNP says things are getting worse. He expects to join a fire line in the near future

Prayers for your son and all those in harm's way.

We were in Glacier last Wed. and the smoke was so bad they closed one of the lodges and lost another due to fire the next day. Today they closed most of the west half of the park.

We're currently in Gardiner MT about 125 miles west of Red Lodge. There are currently no fires in Yellowstone but this afternoon the smoke around us from other fires was the worst it's been since we've been here. Many other fires in western and northwest MT are growing and evaluation orders issued. Hopefully, the temperature will cool and fire areas will see rain and lower winds. Other than smoke and hazier air, the existing fires shouldn't impact Red Lodge.

We plan to leave Gardiner Wed. morning and drive around to Red Lodge via the northern route arriving by mid afternoon.

TomEgenes

We plan to leave Colorado Springs, CO Tuesday morning and push to Rivers Edge RV and Cabins Resort in Evansville, WY - just east of Casper. Wednesday, we plan to push NW, all the way to Red Lodge. Below is an image of my planned route from Evansville. Question for those in the know:

Does that last leg from Belfry, west on 308 into Red Lodge look well doable pulling a 43' 5th wheel?

Full Wednesday Planned Route:
View attachment 54364

Last leg on Wednesday (satellite view) - is this route doable?
View attachment 54365
Hi Jim and Betty
I pull my Landmark up that last leg every year! You can do it easy.
Tom and Sherry

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Even down here in Denver the smoke has been bad enough that the mountains are hardly visible from east of I-25.

mtnspet

Good day to everyone,

We are currently sitting in our site at Red Lodge at the KOA enjoying our bagels. Regarding the smoke concerns, this morning it is a little bit smokey (intermittent) but the sun is shining through. Yesterday was similar.

Looking forward to seeing every one for the rally, Bill and DeAnna Haynes

VKTalley

The Traveling Talleys will be arriving on Thursday. We leave Gig Harbor, WA, in the morning.

jbeletti

Hey Heartlanders! We should arrive by 4pm today. Anyone have any dinner plans? Going out? Group meal at the CG? Just trying to make out dinner plan. We're open to going out or accepting an invitation to join others at the CG or eat in our RV.

We're in Thermopolis, WY now having lunch and getting fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.