EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Cape May - 5/16/2014 to 5/18/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannj

All Heartland? All new? They only have 4 new listed on their website.

Karen

I believe that will include a couple of travel trailers as well as the 5ers. I don't have a specific list of what is coming. Guess we'll all be surprised at what shows up! LOL. ED. :angel:

oldmannj

There has been a change in the menu plans for dinner on Saturday. Unfortunately the folks who were gonna do the BBQ had to back out at the last minute. Dina was able to get the folks from the place that did the dinner last year on short notice. THEREFORE....dinner will be a buffet style Italian meal!!!! It was really quite good and I don't think anyone will be too upset at having Italian again. YUM YUM I CAN'T WAIT !!!!

oldmannj

Please don't forget our troops are benefitting from the N.J. chapter gives back this year!!! Following is a list of items the yellow ribbon folks need:

Please help us collect and send these items below!
***No Magazines/Books/Hotel toiletries Please***
Items Requested and Appreciated:
• Girl Scout Cookies***
• Tasty Kakes***
• Rice Crispy treats***
• Bagged tuna and chicken
• Chewing gum/candy suckers etc.***
• Dry roasted peanuts/mixed nuts
• Potato chips in cylinder or can
• Dried fruit***
• Beef Jerky***
• Baby powder***
• Baby wipes***
• Visine or Saline eye drops
• Chapstick
• Crystal Light Drink Mix Individual Packets
• Powdered drink mix (Gatorade etc)
• Puffs/Kleenex
• Hand sanitizer
• Puzzle or crossword books
• Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D)
• Hand held electronic games: poker, bingo, etc.
• Foot powder
• Sunscreen
• Skittles***
• Swedish Fish***
• Twizzlers***
• Breakfast Bars
• Slim Jim's
• Ground Coffee
• Tea
• Pumpkin Seeds
• Sunflower Seeds

*** Items of special request from our Troops

Remember we're raising money via the beauty pageant for yellow ribbons postage and other needs but: They still need lots of goodies too!!! Please bring as much as you can to support our troops deployed overseas. ED. :angel:

oldmannj

Hi folks, It was brought to my attention that I've been a little lax on something. The POT LUCK dinner is on Friday at 5:30pm in the rec hall at the campground. No one has posted what they will be bringing.

Therefore I shall start the discussion!!! Irene and I will be making our good friend Joe Popecki's Stogie Casserole. It's a mix of Polish sausage, pasta , hamburger , veggies and mozzarella cheese. We made it for the rally 2 years ago and everyone seemed to enjoy it: IE: there was none left!!! What better way to start a rally than with a heart attack in a casserole dish LOL.

OK how about the rest of you????? Fran, do I sense a trifle in my future???? Have fun bring what YOU like and we'll all sample it!!! ED. :angel:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Pirogies it is! Sautéed onion, sauerkraut and sour cream toppings. Got to keep Ed happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmannj

Pirogies it is! Sautéed onion, sauerkraut and sour cream toppings. Got to keep Ed happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent choice boss!!!! If you need me I'll be sitting over by the Pierogies !!!!

Everything sounds excellent.....I'm hungry already!!!!

oldmannj

MY BAD !!!!!!! MR. HEARTLAND BEAUTY PAGEANT WILL BE AFTER THE POTLUCK ON FRIDAY NIGHT. I HAVE THE INFO IN THE PROGRAMS THAT WILL BE GIVEN OUT. I JUST FORGOT TO MAKE THE ENTRY HERE!!!! MY APOLOGIES. SHOULD WE BE SELLING TICKETS TO THIS THING????? TEEHEE ED. :angel:

oldmannj

OK Folks, good , bad or indifferent it's done. The N.J. Chapter Rally 2014 premiers Friday!!!! Other than loading the food tomorrow, our only remaining task is to provide you with the best time we can. Irene and I sincerely hope you have as much fun at the rally as we have had putting it together. Being able to work with, as well as for you guys is our pleasure!!!! Safe travels getting to Cape May this weekend. See you there!!!! ED. :angel:

oldmannj

One last reminder: The yellow ribbon folks work hard to bring our troops overseas a little taste of home. Remember them with a few or MANY items from the wish list , which can be found in the link below my signature. ED.

Status
Not open for further replies.