EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Gettysburg - 4/21/2017 to 4/23/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hey Chris, Watch out for those Pennsylvania trees. We all know what happened the last time.......
2jc652s.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
FYI looks like this is going to be our long camping trip so we are coming in on the Mon April 17th leaving on Sunday April 23rd. Confirmed with campground already.

You and Duane can keep each other company until the rest of us get there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Mariglianos are now arriving on the 17th. Good crew to police everyone's sites !!!

travelin2

If he doesn't reply here, someone will tell the story. If not, you can hound him in April. Actually there's more to it than just the tree, as I recall.
I'm not going to rat him out though. we're hoping he resupplies us with more muscadine !!!!

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
If he doesn't reply here, someone will tell the story. If not, you can hound him in April. Actually there's more to it than just the tree, as I recall.
I'm not going to rat him out though. we're hoping he resupplies us with more muscadine !!!!

Count me in on the Muscadine! :cool:

alwaysbusy

Well, OK, glad I didn't hold my breath. LOL I'll just assume a misjudging clearance incident....Good circle of trust all with no one telling.;)

ccarrington99

North Carolina Chapter Leaders-retired
Well, OK, glad I didn't hold my breath. LOL I'll just assume a misjudging clearance incident....Good circle of trust all with no one telling.;)

OK so here is the story. For the ones that were at the New Holland rally, you know the camp ground had little bitty site markers, they were the size of credit cards. Well, while looking for the number of the site, we missed it and went past the site. While looking for the site number, I was not paying attention to the dog leg, 90 degree curve with a big tree in the middle of the road. I was only going about 5 miles an hour, but that tree jumped right out and slammed into the side of the rig.

That tree must have played for the Steelers, because it busted my left leaf spring and shifted the left and right hangers. Thank goodness I was able to overnight a leaf spring and get the brake installer to install the spring and straighten the hangers, so we could limp back home 8 1/2 hours to get the camper fixed.

Other than hitting the tree on the first day, we had a great time for our first time camping in PA and attending the NE Rally.

:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear your coming...hope you and your family had a good winter and holiday season.

-Ira & Dawn

Ira / Dawn,

Not much winter here in NC, it was 73 here today and a chance to hit 80 tomorrow and it is still Feb, right?

Hope you are well!! I used my bottle opener tonight by the way (it is getting some good use)!! Looking forward to seeing you both again.

Chris & Candi

Bones

OK so here is the story. For the ones that were at the New Holland rally, you know the camp ground had little bitty site markers, they were the size of credit cards. Well, while looking for the number of the site, we missed it and went past the site. While looking for the site number, I was not paying attention to the dog leg, 90 degree curve with a big tree in the middle of the road. I was only going about 5 miles an hour, but that tree jumped right out and slammed into the side of the rig.

That tree must have played for the Steelers, because it busted my left leaf spring and shifted the left and right hangers. Thank goodness I was able to overnight a leaf spring and get the brake installer to install the spring and straighten the hangers, so we could limp back home 8 1/2 hours to get the camper fixed.

Other than hitting the tree on the first day, we had a great time for our first time camping in PA and attending the NE Rally.

- - - Updated - - -

Ira / Dawn,

Not much winter here in NC, it was 73 here today and a chance to hit 80 tomorrow and it is still Feb, right?

Hope you are well!! I used my bottle opener tonight by the way (it is getting some good use)!! Looking forward to seeing you both again.

Chris & Candi
I think trees have it out for us all. they try and try to get us all the time.

alwaysbusy

There is nothing worse than beginning a trip by doing something of this nature, TV breaking down or something not working. I think we've ALL been there multiple times (with more coming...unless we're going to hang it up); it just comes with the territory. These things have a way of placing a damper on a trip but we move on and laugh about it later. Thanks for telling on yourself; no muscadine needed here as unlike these Jokers, I can empathize. :D LOL

travelin2

Titan Brakes, Performance Braking, will be at the rally performing an install for one our club members. Immediately following our Saturday morning continental breakfast, I've set aside in our agenda 30 minutes for their representative to present a seminar for anyone that is potentially interested in this excellent performance upgrade. Additionally, anyone can have a look see during the installation as it happens.
I'm sure they would have time for an additional install too. If you're interested, reply here or send me a PM and I'll hook you up with Ron Russell from Performance Braking.

travelin2

UPDATES---

ADDED A DRAFT AGENDA TO THE FIRST POST You'll notice there is a Pot Luck Breakfast planned for Friday morning. Included as well is a list of suggested items required for a filling and successful breakfast. Please select an item and post here your contribution.

ADDED A LIST OF ATTENDEES' T-SHIRT SIZES/QUANTITIES AS OF 7 MARCH. PLEASE REVIEW AND NOTIFY "ONLY" IF "CHANGES ARE NECESSARY"

Status
Not open for further replies.