EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Portersville - 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Of course I could be overestimating...but I think he usually goes at least 60. Don't worry...we won't leave you in the dust. There will be a planned stop along the way as well...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Of course I could be overestimating...but I think he usually goes at least 60. Don't worry...we won't leave you in the dust. There will be a planned stop along the way as well...

Oh Good! We'll pick it up a little to try and keep up, but 60 is definitely our limit...can't wait!!

dieselsweetheart

Hello all...I spoke with Todd the owner today. He would just ask that as we arrive we unhitch and then move our vehicles over to a parking area he will have designated (just till everyone gets in ok) because it might be a little tight trying to navigate into spots with everyone's vehicles right there. Then once everyone is in (or it starts to get dark)...we can move our tows back next to our rigs. So just to give you a heads-up for now.

Welcome to Dave and Eileen from PA who just booked a site today!! Woohoo!! It's gonna be a great time!

dieselsweetheart

FARKLE. Who has Farkled before? Who would like to Farkle? Better do your research....FARKLE is on! Do I have any players coming to the rally?

dieselsweetheart

Oh good Jay!!! I am hoping to have at least 5 other people who know how to play....Eric, yes...it is all luck...you earn points based on your rolls...you risk points you may have earned in a roll trying to get more points....you FARKLE when you have no points in a roll.

dieselsweetheart

35 days till the big rally so that means around 30 for the PA rally....just a reminder to bring your non-perishables for the Portersville Food Bank... I have set a goal of 100 items~ we can do this! Thanks in advance for your generous donation...

dieselsweetheart

I want to remind everyone to give the Elkhart Fairgrounds a call to let them know you are coming in on Sunday. Phone # is 574-533-3247

The lady will tell you to just come to the office once you are settled but JB told us to call ahead and let them know we will be in early. I'm sure others will be there too ready to welcome us!!!

cableman

We have played the game and would love to join in. I will also contact the food bank and get an update on items they may need the most.

dieselsweetheart

Thanks Dan!! Let us know! Also, if we are going to have that pastor do a blessing before we hit the road we need him early...but if that's not convenient let's have him come over on Saturday evening to have a bite and do a blessing then...what do you think?

dieselsweetheart

Re: What's for Dinner?

Potluck talk time! (My favorite part of the rally, next to cocktail hour!)

I have a main dish category

Vegies/sides/potatoes

Dessert

Beverages

Please let me know which category you would like to contribute to and what you will be bringing!

Speaking of cocktail hour... there will be one on Saturday afternoon.

dieselsweetheart

Dan is going to contact the pastor today so stay tuned for further info.

JimToo our cocktail hour is usually (hours) without a specific start and stop time. But Truk is right....we are always sober before we hit the road!!

Status
Not open for further replies.