EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs - 9/12/2014 to 9/14/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Is there anybody attending the rally that has the Garmin RV760 LMT ?

If so, could I ask you to bring the USB cable so I could borrow it to update my unit ?

We purchased the new RV 760 in January. At that time we updated the software and the maps. We left on our 4 1/2 month vacation in early May and we have had nothing but problems with it. A couple of times it directed us on very dangerous roads.

We called Garmin and they told us it needed to be updated.
I'm having a hard time with that answer.
Anyways, we forgot our cable at home.

If somebody could help, it would be great.

Dick

Dick,

I don't have a Garmin RV760 LMT, but I have a ton of different types of USB data cables. If you can take a picture of the connection on the Garmin and post it here, I'll see if I have a cable that would work.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Dick,

I don't have a Garmin RV760 LMT, but I have a ton of different types of USB data cables. If you can take a picture of the connection on the Garmin and post it here, I'll see if I have a cable that would work.

z have the Garmin RV760. It does tae a standard new style USB but I ill bring a cable with me so w can get you updated Dick. We know you need a good map! Lol

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
We were looking forward to this rally but we had to cancel this one...hope that you all have a great time.

Rodbuster

Dick,

Hi Gus, It was the summer of 2011 when you and Debra spotted our Landmark and stopped by the church parking lot in Virginia to see if Fran and I needed any help. We just happened to pull in there for lunch....but you didn't know that. That was pretty cool. Haven't seen or spoken to you since then, except for a little correspondence on the forum. Through this forum correspondence with you, I have come to believe that Debra is the one that made you pull in to the parking lot to offer assistance....lol.

So, here you are, ready to lend some help again. Sure wish you lived closer to my place in Florida, I could really put you to work.

Gus, Phil Smith posted that he has a Garmin like mine and that he would bring his cable.
I am still attaching the picture that you asked for.
Really anxious to see you and Debra.

Dick

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 36

jdfishing

Hey Dick: You just spreading your cheer all over this country, aren't you? If you're golfing, I better warn them.
s
p
r
e
a
d
n
g

boatto5er

I have a couple of those too. My Mi-Fi uses the same connector. Thanks for the kind words (I think)! BTW, Debra puts me up to a lot of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodbuster

z have the Garmin RV760. It does tae a standard new style USB but I ill bring a cable with me so w can get you updated Dick. We know you need a good map! Lol

Hi Phil, thanks for getting back to me and a big thank you for bringing that cable to the rally.
Funny, but when you say " I need a good map", I have visions of the "Dragon's Tail".

Rodbuster

Not positive, but I think it's a micro-USB like Android phones and Kindles use.

Hi Dan, thank you for your comment and I hope others that know what your talking about read it. As for myself, I wouldn't know whether to smoke or dance with a "micro-USB".

Phil Smith

Hey all you golfers coming to the SC rally. Is there anyone that would be willing to set up a golf outing for the group? There are several golf courses that will give some special pricing if it is organized through Willow Tree. I'm not a golfer so this is far from my area of expertise.

Thanks,
Phil

boatto5er

FYI, we will now be arriving late afternoon/the evening on Tuesday, Sept 9 and departing Sept 15. See everyone then!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Phil, Santha said that She planned on making macaroni salad for the potluck. Sausage gravy and biscuits will be her help for Saturday morning.
Let us know how we can help? Randy, Santha and the Poodles

marthamscott

Hello everyone,
We finally have our reservation in for site 24. We will be coming in Friday and leaving Sunday. I know, too short but that 4 letter word, WORK, is calling me back to the home front.

See you in a few weeks

Martha & Henry

Phil Smith

Hi Martha and Henry! We so happy to have you joining us! We will see you in just few days!
Phil

boatto5er

Hi Phil,

Sorry, Debra and I are not going to be able to make it to the rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil Smith

Hi SC rally attendees! I just got off the phone with Willowtree to confirm our attendee list and site numbers. There have been some site changes from what I was showing previously and I have update the first post of this thread to give correct site numbers and attendees. Please let me know if you see any discrepancies or check with Willowtree if you think there is an error. If you are registered and your name is not showing on the list, please let me know so we get you added. Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone!

Phil

clayhud

Phil,

We arrived on Saturday and other than a little wet this place is great! Weather should start clearing tomorrow. Nice choice and we will be back here again. See you soon.

Phil Smith

Thanks for the update Clay! I place my order for great weather for this coming weekend weeks ago. I hope it holds together. We should be rolling in late Wednesday night. See you soon!

Phil Smith

If anybody has any yard sale items they would like t sell, I'm thinking we might setup a table in rally hall. Just tag your item with your sale price and our site number and we will see hat happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.