EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Chattanooga - 9/23/2016 to 9/25/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add us to the list for the rally.😆 We signed up on Saturday.
We would like to order T-shirts also.
Jim & Denise Fischer

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Please welcome Cindy Massengill and her friend Denny McHone, and Jim and Denise Fischer. WOW - what a great rally this will be ;):).

Jim and Denise - what size t-shirts do you need?

Gus - I think mustard and ketchup is taken. How about some tomatoes and cheese? That would be great.

GETnBYE

Will be glad to cook. Also have a grill and two burner Coleman stove for heatin' things up.
And don't forget the towing service that you provide in emergency situations. Be sure to look for us at every random rest area you pass.

Nabo

Thanks Malcolm for volunteering to help cook. Nate also says thanks. Hopefully no one will need towing services unless Wayne didn't get the truck fixed.

For those who haven't registered yet, the campground has a couple of 30 amp sites left. Go ahead and register if you feel comfortable on 30 amps and the campground will try to move ya over to a 50 amp site if, and only if there is a cancellation.

GETnBYE

Thanks Malcolm for volunteering to help cook. Nate also says thanks. Hopefully no one will need towing services unless Wayne didn't get the truck fixed.

For those who haven't registered yet, the campground has a couple of 30 amp sites left. Go ahead and register if you feel comfortable on 30 amps and the campground will try to move ya over to a 50 amp site if, and only if there is a cancellation.
I sure hope no towing service is happening either. The "Old Black" has had a good bit of things worked on. We are hoping this is not a trend.

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
View attachment 47065 Pre-Rally cookout Thursday evening. The Mathis will provide hamburgers and hotdogs. The rally will provide paper plates and utensils. Please bring a side or dessert to share and your favorite drink. We might need a couple of cooks.

Hey Byrd...Looking forward to the rally. We would be happy to help with whatever needs to be done.

Please order us a L and an XL t-shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

The Alfanos will be attending the pre-rally cookout (Paul loves to grill!) and will bring potato salad. :D

Last edited:

Nabo

Thanks ALF for the update. I'll put ya down for 2 t-shirts, one large and one extra large.
Can't wait to see ya'll.
B--

Nabo

Golfer_Funny_Cartoon_Clipart-1sm.jpg
For those who are arriving early - would ya be interested in a round of golf, say Thursday morning? There's a public golf course not to far from the campground.

Nabo

No Mark. The rally will have fruit cups, sweet rolls, yogurts as well as coffee/oj for anyone who wants it. Thanks for asking.

Nabo

Craig and Elsie Roessel will also be attending the rally. For those that don't know Elsie, she is also known as the bread lady. At the last rally she made a whole bunch of bread and sold them, donating all the money to the Heartland Gives Back project. WOW - we all thanked her for her generosity. Not sure if she is going to do that this year but maybe. Craig - I have ya'll down for 2 t-shirts, both 2-xls.

Speaking of shirts - don't forget to put your order in. I have to send the orders in to the printers on September 6.

Nabo

silent auction 2.jpg There will be a silent auction for all kinds of items that have been donated. These items include things such as gift cards, tumblers, director chairs, a couple of tables, Truma Level Check, guides to State and National parks books, atlas book and, and I mean a big AND, 4 nights at River Plantation to name a few. Bid sheets will be out Friday and Saturday with auction closing at 9:00 pm sharp Saturday night. 75% of all money raised will go to the Heartland Gives Back project - Chattanooga Room in the Inn. This is a non-profit community organization for homeless single women and children to become self-sufficient.

Nabo

women-clip-art.jpg Heartland Give Back project - Chattanooga Room in the Inn. This is a non-profit organization that helps homeless women and children to become self-sufficient by offering a temporary home while providing programs and services necessary to meet their goals. Since this is a housing for women and children, they need all kinds of household supplies. See below their wish list of items that they need. Also monetary gifts will be accepted. 75% of all money taken in by the silent auction will go to this project. (please let us know if you can not open the link)
View attachment Chatt Room in the Inn wish list.docx

Nabo

Hope everyone is safe and didn't receive a lot of damage from Hurricane Hermine. I stayed up most of the night watching and praying for those in it's path.
For those that are not effected by the storm, we hope you have a fun filled Labor Day weekend. Safe travels.
TN-Rally-t-shirts 2016R (2).jpg Shirt orders need to be in by Tuesday September 6th. There will not be extras for sale at the rally so if you are thinking about getting one or two, go ahead and let me know your size/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.