EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Beaumont - 10/18/2013 to 10/20/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had to leave Mill Creek a day early, but that gives us another day in Beaumont! We arrived a little while ago and are all set up. There has been a lot of rain here and there is standing water in most sites.

We are spread out in the park but here is the latest list of sites:

1. Sanders
2. Oberbeck
3. Savoie
4. Riddle
5. Mangum
6. Anderson
8. Matthews
9. Fennigan
15. Gratz
23. Young
91. Russell
77. Talley
78. Hershberger
79. Ballard
80. Mayer
81. Sims
82. Coffman
98. Fogarty

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
10-4 on the rain water. We had a pretty strong rain today on the northwest side. Everybody had better stock up on mosquito spray, there will be a new hatch by next weekend.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mosquitoes almost always bad in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area. (Grew up in Port Arthur).

Bayouslug

Is there an itinerary for the rally somewhere. Times, what we need to bring for this evening or tomorrow. This is our hometown, we won't be bringing our rig. Thanks!

jmgratz

Hello TomMar. Thanks for a great rally. It was wonderful to see everyone again and meet new folks. Seeing all the different rigs is always fun. Look forward to future events we are able to attend. Thanks again for your hard work. Jay and Stella too. thanks.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It was good to see several old friends, some that were there for our first rally in 2007, and we made some new friends too! The fun is still going on for a few of us that stayed. Going out to eat later in the afternoon.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Well the Beaumont Rally is "in the books". What a ride ! ! Lots of old friends and a few new ones. My heartfelt thanks goes out to all of you for your help and support with a room too small and unrelenting weather that resulted in an outstanding rally. The HOC family made it happen.:):cool:

danemayer

Almost forgot to post this picture. Peg Finnegan, Jerry and Diane Talley, Larry and Maryann Oberbeck, Ann and Dan Mayer playing Mexican Train Saturday afternoon. Nancy Anderson joined in a little while later.

How many Heartlanders does it take to remember the rules for Mexican Train? Apparently it's one more than we had. We were making up rules as we went along but had a good time anyway. Good thing "She who must not be named" wasn't there.:)
2013-10-19 15.10.40.jpg

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Had fun... Thanks Tom and Marti.
Made it thru Houston today, Seguin for the night then on to Junction tomorrow.
See ya'll next year! :cool:

hcriddle

Had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. Bret we hope Sandie is doing better today. If anyone gets out around the Carmine area stop in at the Dixieland Rv Park and say hi. Hopefully the house will be finished in the next year and we will have a couple of full hookups for you to stay with us.

pegmikef

Thanks for a great rally and a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. A lot of them we met at our very first rally in Spring, Texas three years ago.

And a special thanks to Jim who got me to the Ft. Hood area with out ever seeing or encountering any traffic. I was amazed and really learned something about getting around in that area.

jmgratz

Thanks for a great rally and a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones. A lot of them we met at our very first rally in Spring, Texas three years ago.

And a special thanks to Jim who got me to the Ft. Hood area with out ever seeing or encountering any traffic. I was amazed and really learned something about getting around in that area.

Hey, glad you made Ft Hood. Running around in the Beaumont/Pt Arthur/Houston/Conroe/Huntsville/Livingston area made me learn alot of backroads (better) roads. Many times the freeway is the long(er) way.

Status
Not open for further replies.