EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Canton - 10/7/2011 to 10/9/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is sounds like everyone really enjoyed to rally at Canton, Tx this weekend. For those of us that would have loved to come and could not make it my question will we be getting a North Texas Chapter anytime soon?

Jim Hart

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We're glad that everyone had fun because we sure did! Congrats to Rex Hastey and Jim Gratz for winning the two televisions that were donated by Explore USA in Wills Point as well as a great job on furnishing a complete fish fry.

No one has stepped forward to take the north Texas chapter......yet!

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We're glad that everyone had fun because we sure did! Congrats to Rex Hastey and Jim Gratz for winning the two televisions that were donated by Explore USA in Wills Point as well as a great job on furnishing a complete fish fry.

Looks like Texaseagle is a good volunteer! ;)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
FYI - It is raining in Trinity County and in the Houston area. Anyone heading that way be careful as we haven't driven on wet roads on some time. Thanks Jay and Stella for a fun rally and to Bill and Ornell for letting all of us sit outside your rig for so long. Good times, good folks, and good weather...it don't get no better than that except the Texans could have won.

pegmikef

Hey thanks for everything Jay and Stella, we really enjoyed it and Peggy even managed to scare up a dominos game. I second the congrats to Rex and Jim for winning those TVs . . . for a while there I was worried that neither one of them would fit in my little North Trail.

jayc

Mike, one of those televisions would fit into one of the new Silverado models that you like...

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Hey thanks for everything Jay and Stella, we really enjoyed it and Peggy even managed to scare up a dominos game. I second the congrats to Rex and Jim for winning those TVs . . . for a while there I was worried that neither one of them would fit in my little North Trail.

Yes, Jay and Stella done a great job! Thanks for everything its been great. My daughter graduates from college in November, I think she's getting a television for a grad gift.

pegmikef

Mike, one of those televisions would fit into one of the new Silverado models that you like...

Hehehe, yeah hopefully that'll be an option. We're really excited about that model because it meets the low profile I want for the state and coe parks and national forests and still has a little more luxury than we have now. . . thanks for putting me on to it.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All that attended the Rally in Canton, thank you, for making it wonderful experience. Heartland has the best people buying their units! A VERY BIG thank you, to Jay and Stella, for hosting a rally up this way!!

Erika

dwimberley

Dan & Connie
Connie and I would like to thank everyone for making our maiden voyage a success. Special thanks to Jay, Mike, and Tom for teaching me how to setup and break down camp. After 5 long years of thinking about joining the ranks or the RV world it is exactly what we expected and much, much more. Thank you Jay and Stella for making the rally and success!

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Jay and Stella - outstanding as always. You even scheduled the rain for the middle of the night so it would not affect the activities. Good job ! !Thanks to all others for their participation in a fantastic rally. Twenty six rigs with all kinds of owners - one large family.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well we made it home A-OK. Hope everyone else did as well. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

jayc

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. We made it to Nacogdoches for a day or so to visit with relatives, then on south from here.

Looking forward to the next one!

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We had a really great time at the rally. We met some very nice people and it was great seeing the people we met at the rally in Spring last year. I'm really happy that Barb didn't have another migraine like last year, so she could enjoy it too. Jay and Stella, as usual you did a bang up job and special thanks to both of you and God bless you. We are looking forward to establishing a chapter in Oklahoma and having everybody attend a rally here too.

jayc

Orville, we're glad you and Barb had a good time. We'll be looking forward to the OK chapter soon.

Owenfamily

It was great to meet a lot of people at this rally. We meet some really nice folks. One thing I noticed is that people just wind there power cord up by hand. If you can buy or find an old milk carton try using that to wind the cord up in. It will wind up nice and tight and make it easy and neat to store.

David and Chanin

mmomega

AnyTimer
It was great to meet a lot of people at this rally. We meet some really nice folks. One thing I noticed is that people just wind there power cord up by hand. If you can buy or find an old milk carton try using that to wind the cord up in. It will wind up nice and tight and make it easy and neat to store.

David and Chanin

or have a fancy shmancy electric cord reel.:angel:

I do not miss carrying around 2 50AMP cables at all.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

David and Chanin

I bought a round rubber tote w/ rope handles at wal-mart. so far it works great.

jayc

Until I got the Landmark with the electric cord reel, I used a clothes basket to hold my electric cord and the dogbone adapter. I still use the basket to hold my surge protector and the adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.