EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

HornedToad

EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Port Aransas - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Jason, Someone's breaking the rules! If an unlicensed private cart is not suppose to go out of the park on to the beach & a licensed rental cart is not supposed to come in... then how is there golf cart tire tracks worn in the boardwalk pictured on the parks website???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Port Aransas - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

you don't have to screw with or wait for the ferry.

I would recommend coming up the beach from Mustang Island. It was a busy holiday weekend but we waited in line almost 2 hours for the ferry.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Jason, Someone's breaking the rules! If an unlicensed private cart is not suppose to go out of the park on to the beach & a licensed rental cart is not supposed to come in... then how is there golf cart tire tracks worn in the boardwalk pictured on the parks website???

No sir I said that they will allow golf carts that are owned by the person renting the site. Their rules specifically say that rental carts are not allowed in the park. They also say that you can use your personally owned cart to come into and leave the pro via that board walk.

jassson007

Read the 6th bullit point under motorized vehicles...
bf8fb3107c99003f44408bfacdc22b3d.png

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

We stayed there for a week last winter and the point no rentals were allowed was emphasized upon check in.
Bob Sims winters there, he'll likely confirm.

jassson007

Jason,

I think we're talkin bout a Catch 22...

https://www.topdeckgolfcarts.com/ar...each-resort/?gclid=CJzwi47l3NUCFRC5wAodZ6oEcg

The beach is considered a street in Port A and heavily patrolled by LEO, if you drive an unlicensed cart on the beach you'll probably get a ticket.

We aren't talking about the same thing. Reread my posts. I am talking about an owned versus a rented golf cart. The rv park wants proof of ownership of the cart you bring into the park. They could care less what happens on the beach.

esscobra

Please put me down for a size large

Just a reminder: We are still working on rally T-shirts. We've gotten most everyone's requests but have a few outstanding. Even if you do NOT want shirts (which is totally fine) let us know so that we know that you have just not been overlooked.

Also, if you did put in a request for shirts, check the list below to ensure that we have the correct sizes listed. These are Men's t-shirts, so please keep that in mind when sizing.

Please be sure to have your sizes to us No Later Than August 20th so that we can get the order finalized in plenty of time to receive them for the rally.

Here is the list we have so far:

Michael & Kelly Barnett - XL & 2XL
Jay & Stella Coffman - 2 XL
William Brown - No response
George Speir - XL
Mike & Peg Finnegan - 2 Large
Don & Vicky Smith - 1 XL & 1 3XL
Keith & Betty Orlopp - 1 L & 1 2XL
Tom & Linda Black - 2 Large

Frank & Debbie - 2 XL
Ted & Dee Davis - 1 Large & 1 XL
Andy & Joanna Grimes - 1 2 XL & 1 3XL
Edward & Susan Potts - 1 M & 1 2XL
Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson - 1 Medium - 1 XL
Bob & Connie Sims - 1 Small & 1 XL

Orville & Barbara Wright - 1 Medium & 1 3 XL
Corbin & Flora Tayloe - No response
Paul & Nancy Lineen - No response
Larry & Mary Ann Oberbeck - No response
Lin & Debbie Ballard - 1 Large & 1 2XL

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

Pioneer can make arrangements for golf carts that you can use in the park and on the beach. They can either make it for the entire rally group, or for individuals.

Personal carts can be used in the park, but they must be registered and there's a fee for that.

Any vehicle parked on the beach needs a beach sticker, unless you park down by the jetty which is gratis. You can drive the beach in any vehicle, but it must be licensed either by the state of Texas or (golf carts) by the city of Port Aransas. To get your golf cart licensed by Port A, you must have show street insurance, and have the proper "stuff", i.e. brake lights, seat belts, etc.

Hope that helps.

akrebel

Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 25
  • Register by end of day 9/6/2017
  • Site fee: $37 per night. Price includes 3 rally days plus 2 days before OR 2 days after.
  • Club Member Event fee: N/A
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: Saturday- October 07
  • Potluck time: 5:00 pm

Additional Info:
Please call the park to make reservations. Once your reservations have been made, please either reply to this thread or PM us with your arrival and departure dates.

If you plan to stay a week or more the weekly rate will be your better bet. Price includes cable.

We will post more information as it becomes available.

Attendee List:
1. Michael & Kelly Barnett 10/3-10/10
2. Jay & Stella Coffman 10/2 - 10/9
3. William Brown 10/6 - 10/8
4. George Speir 10/4 - 10/9
5. Mike & Peg Finnegan 10/3 - 10/9
6. Don & Vicky Smith 10/4 - 10/9
7. Keith & Betty Orlopp 10/6 - 10/11
Tom & Linda Black 10/1 - 12/1 ;)
9. Frank & Debbie 10/4 - 10/9
10. Ted & Dee Davis 10/4 - 10/8
11. Andy & Joanna Grimes 10/6 - 10/8
12. Edward & Susan Potts 10/5 - 10/9
13. Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson 10/4 - 10/9
14. Bob & Connie Sims 10/4 - May sometime
;)
15. Orville & Barbara Wright 10/4 - 10/10
16. Corbin & Flora Tayloe 10/3 - 10/10
17. Paul & Nancy Lineen - 10/4 - 10/9
18. Larry & Mary O. 10/4 - 10/9
19. Lin & Debbie Ballard 10/3 - 10/9
20. Auguie & Cheryl Henry. 10/5-10/9
21. Larry & Gayle Kuykendall 10/3 - 10/7

Auguie & Cheryl Henry will arrive 10/5 and depart 10/9. Auguie wears a 3X and Cheryl likes a Large.

SpldRtn

Joe and Anne have reservations October 3 to October 10. See you all soon...

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Joe and Anne have reservations October 3 to October 10. See you all soon...

AWESOME! So glad to have you and Joe join us, Anne! I've updated the attendee listing as well as the Tshirt order!

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired

Been a little change to our plans. We will be arriving on Monday. Wednesday we will be AWOL as Connie has a chemo treatment scheduled for that day.

Chippendale

[FONT=&quot]FYI, there is a caravan of 5 rigs (so far) leaving the North Texas rally in Tyler Monday, Oct. 2 and heading toward Port Aransas with a 2 night layover at the Jim Hogg COE Park on Lake Georgetown just north of Austin. At this point, we don’t have any plans for while we are at Jim Hogg, but there is a lot to do and see in the Austin/Georgetown area, so I am sure Heartlanders will find something to do.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]We will arrive at Jim Hogg Monday afternoon and leave and head to Port A Wednesday morning, the 4th. If you think you would like to travel with us, please “private message” me by Thursday afternoon, Aug. 24[SUP]th[/SUP] so I will know how many sites to reserve. They are 50 amp back in, water front or water view, no sewer, but a dump station is available. I will try and get them all together in a group. If you use your America the Beautiful Senior Pass, the rate will be $13.00 per night. If you do not have a pass, to get one at the $10.00 price, it needs to be ordered ASAP. The cost of a pass will increase to $80.00 on August 28[SUP]th[/SUP], so the 27[SUP]th[/SUP] is the last day to get the lower price. If you do not have a pass, here is a link for information on getting one. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

2psnapod1

Been a little change to our plans. We will be arriving on Monday. Wednesday we will be AWOL as Connie has a chemo treatment scheduled for that day.

No problem, Bob! We'll see you then!

2psnapod1

Rally shirts have been ordered!

Cost to attendees will be $5.00 for sizes Small to XL and $7.00 for sizes 2XL and 3 XL. The club will cover the remaining cost.

Payment can be made to us either at the rally OR via Paypal by using my email (2psnapod1@gmail.com). If using Paypal, please make a note as to who the payment is from as it doesn't always come through in the transaction.

44 days until RALLY TIME!!

2psnapod1

Hurricane Harvey

In light of Hurricane Harvey, I'm asking that y'all pray, cross your fingers, or do whatever works best for you...that we still have an RV Park in Aransas Pass to have our rally at in October!

We've put the t-shirt order on hold for a week until we know more about how Pioneer RV Resort makes it through the storm.

If, by chance, the park sustains too much damage we'll try and find another park in south Texas to accommodate everyone.

God Bless those in the south Texas area...stay safe and be well.

pegmikef

Worst case, Lake Conroe KOA is pretty big and we've done several there. . . but still hoping Pioneer weathers this okay. When we used to fish at Port Mansfield, all the docks looked about the same age and weren't that old. We talked to the locals and were told that they had been getting wiped out every 10 or 20 years. Their attitude was " . . . its not if there will be a hurricane, its just when."

Last edited:

esscobra

brauning lake rv park- san antonio-nice plenty of room almost all pull thrus- big banquet hall- Friday night dinners and breakfast on weekends is incredible

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

There is nice park in Port Lavaca that may be large enough to accommodate us but they are also in the path of the storm. The entire Coastal Bend area will be affected, so we'll have to keep an eye on things this weekend.

May God Bless all those in the path of this storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.