EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Santo - 4/4/2014 to 4/6/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCTalley

The Talleys will be in tomorrow (a day early). Just called the campground to verify that would be OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Well, it's Saturday, a bit before noon. A few highlights of my time here near Santo...

WEDNESDAY
When we arrived on Wednesday, we went with the early arrivals for dinner not far from here at Natty Flat Smokehouse. Yum!
Nancy and I went to Mineral Wells that evening for supplies and we saw the historic Baker Hotel.
See more about this plus some pics on this blog post.

THURSDAY
Around lunch time, Jay C invited us to join he, Stella and Dan and Karen H to go to Weatherford to David's Stove Shop for some shopping and lunch. We didn't realize it was a half-hour away or we may not have went. But we're SO GLAD we did. What an interesting place. The only way I can describe it is "eclectic".
In the evening, many of us gathered in the rally hall for visiting and dominoes.

FRIDAY
Mid-morning a group of ladies were in the rally hall having a Mary Kay party. At the same time, Dan M, Terry H and I were pulling my demo coach apart to learn more about how the residential refer is installed, plumbed and wired. Dan M leading the team of owner/contributors in making a Residential Refrigerator User Guide. We learned a lot.
In the evening, most of the rally group headed east a bit to Brazos River Catfish Cafe for dinner. I think we overwhelmed the restaurant with our group size but they did a great job accommodating us and the food was really good.
After dinner, back in the rally hall, we had the rally meet and greet. Nancy A went through the agenda and has us go around the toom to make introductions. A good number of people stuck around for snacks, visiting and dominoes

SATURDAY (morning only)
Thus far today, we've had an amazing day. Club HQ hosted a rally breakfast. Myself and 5+ men volunteers put on a nice feed for 50. Thank you men, thank you to those who brought other items and thank you Nancy A / Dave S for letting us do this. It was fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pics Bob.
Man, the Houser's sure have a monster setup.
Looks like the making of a Heartland Calendar centerfold.

Peace
Dave

Heathcote4

Thank you all for your kindness and hospitality. Our family really enjoyed meeting everyone. We look forward to seeing everyone again.

Josh & Farrah

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you all for your kindness and hospitality. Our family really enjoyed meeting everyone. We look forward to seeing everyone again.

Josh & Farrah

We enjoyed meeting you and your family! We look forward to seeing you at future rallies!

Sunset4k

Jerry and I want to thank everyone at the Rally for making us "newbies" feel so welcome. We had a wonderful time meeting all of you. This was our first Heartland rally and we simply can't wait until the next one. We learned so much from you folks, and Jerry has already realized that he will be pulling out the checkbook to make some of the mods we saw on your various rigs. What a fun weekend!!

Safe travels to everyone!!
Jerry and Dianew

jbeletti

Dave and Nancy - thank you so much for a great rally. We really enjoyed it as well as our time in the area. Congrats on your success.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Thank you all for coming and making this rally a success! We couldn't have done it without you.

We delivered the Backpack Buddies donations to Tammy Lovell, who is over the program. She was thrilled with the donations....which amounted to $515.00. THANK YOU Heartlanders for your generosity!!!

We are thinking about next year and need your input on the location. Do you want to go back to Coffee Creek or go somewhere else? Also, are there any activities you would like to see included? Thanks so much for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
As always, the rally was too short for us! We enjoyed meeting new folks, and visiting with old friends. Our first time at Coffee Creek -- the staff was great, facilities were super-nice, and a great time was had! Thanks to Dave and Nancy for leading our Chapter!!

VKTalley

Dave and Nancy, Thanks for the very warm Texas welcome that the Traveling Talleys received from everyone there! We enjoyed our time with all y'all! Now it is time for AF Basic graduation! See y'all on down the road!

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Great rally. Spectacular job by Dave and Nancy.

Wrote about it and have some pictures in our travel blog here.

Appreciate all of the offers of help once my wife left town. Very thankful to have all of our Heartland friends.

jbeletti

...We delivered the Backpack Buddies donations to Tammy Lovell, who is over the program. She was thrilled with the donations....which amounted to $515.00. THANK YOU Heartlanders for your generosity!!!...

Wow - that's a nice donation amount from a chapter rally for a great cause. Bravo Heartlanders!

Paul & Nan

Nancy and Dave you guys did an amazing job. We had a great time and met so many new friends. The donation amount was wonderful, proud of the Heartland family for that.

As for next year, no idea, but must say the Coffee Creek staff are wonderful, they sent someone to fix our problem and get us moving.

hcriddle

What a great time and so much fun to meet new friends and visit with all the Heartland family. Thanks to Dave and Nancy for the hard work and putting together a wonderful rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.