EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Williamsburg - 5/13/2011 to 5/15/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Re: Busch Gardens excursion

Thanks Buddy! It's good you came clean because we'll be using all of this material around a camp fire in the future!

Next time you decide to hand out boo, boo band-aids ---DON'T!

jbeletti

How about a force field, like on Star Trek? Shields! Put up the shields and have a bubble of protection.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Thanks Buddy! It's good you came clean because we'll be using all of this material around a camp fire in the future!

Next time you decide to hand out boo, boo band-aids ---DON'T!

I haven't used the Boo-Boo Band Aids yet, but probably will soon!

hillsonwheels

Wait! Wait! Has this turned into a "who had the worst boo boo 'fess up thread?"

We had problems as well. Had stopped at northern end of bay/bridge tunnel at the rest area and a nice young couple stopped to say, "You lost something on the bridge just after you came out of the tunnel." A walk around the coach revealed that bike raack and bikes were missing! About that time a bridge police officer showed up to ask if we had lost something! Then he wanted to see driver's license, registration and insurance info. I was ready to put out my hands for the hand cuffs!

Turned out....no harm, no foul! No one hit the bikes and, except for a truly messed up cover, not much else was damaged when the bridge patrol delivered our bikes. And, thank you Lord, no one was hurt trying to avoid our "droppings.

Sorry for everyone else's problems. But, "STUFF" can be replaced.

Safe trippin' from here on...............Have it on good authority since we were following Calvin and Judy that they'd like for our boo boo to cover them as well!

Dick

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Holy H*ll Batman! What was in the water at that campground? Never hear of such things happening like this! Glad you guys are ok too and that no one else took a hit!

Gus, would you mind terribly if we don't go back there again? I think we'd all appreciate it.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Holy H*ll Batman! What was in the water at that campground? Never hear of such things happening like this! Glad you guys are ok too and that no one else took a hit!

Gus, would you mind terribly if we don't go back there again? I think we'd all appreciate it.

I got to agree with you Deb, seems like quite a few had problems leaving this rally (including our transmission).

On a side note, do you think it has something to do with all the wonderful roads in VA.?

Keith, the only way I am buying Jim's truck is if the "friend " discount means FREE.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Deb and John,
All Colleen and I can say is OMG. I got an instant gut wrenching knot after reading through your experience. How many times we pull in and out and nothing ever happens. Glad that you two are OK. Our rig is still not ready either awaiting decals and compartment doors so no camping in the near future for us. Hope to see you and your unit in July at Del.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

What was this the rally of doom and gloom? Can't believe all the problems being posted. Now Reta & Dick's bikes, Sam & Larry's transmission, Jim's water problem, yikes, this can stop now. Need some happy news!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired

Let us not forget Beasley's and Colligan's! They didn't even get to drink the water!

Got off to a rough start and ended with a bang but everything in the middle was great including "no holes barred Yhatzee"!!!! I want to play that again!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

Next thing you know will be someone will be selling RALLY INSURANCE to get reimbursed for all the added expenses that goes along with one.

boatto5er

Next thing you know will be someone will be selling RALLY INSURANCE to get reimbursed for all the added expenses that goes along with one.

Mmmmmmmm? You've got me thinking! Can't believe the misfortune that came about. Who's left????

Vtxkid

Gezzz, this is a rough thread with all the bad luck departing AH! Don't know if we should hang out with you guys anymore... :)

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith,

It wasn't the DEB factor for us! It was the Santa in a shower cap visual!:rolleyes::eek::confused:

Thanks for making me smile this morning:cool: and it was great seeing you both again!
Just remember, no one is allowed to post that picture. It would tramatize the kids.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I have just caught up with the thread being in meetings without laptop and internet. I confess that this string of events encountered by my fellow Heartlander's is making my hair stand on end. I hereby call a special meeting of all rallyholics, attendance to be in person or in spirit, to break this awful chain of events. I am so thankful that no one suffered injuries other than a few cases of bruised pride. Enough is enough! May all our future travels be safe with many miles traveled with broad smiles.

hillsonwheels

Well said Gus! :)

We're packing up this morning to leave Calvin and Judy Hicks's place and traveling together to NJ. :D Sure hope my fix on the bike rack holds up to more interstate travel. :eek: See you folks in Goshen.

Dick

camperjohn08

Just read the After Rally thread .... Boy I am Glad we made it home safely.. And to think I drove home on only 3 1/2 hours sleep.. Sorry to hear all the Bad news.. Glad to hear everyone was OK..Hope your rigs are repaired soon and we see you all on our next go around.. It Was a Great Rally while we were there.. and we enjoyed seeing everyone again..
John & Nancy

boatto5er

Debra and I want to thank all our wonderful Heartland family for making this such an enjoyable week-end (except for the traveling part on Monday!). We couldn't have pulled this off without the support of many dedicated "volunteers" (OK - some folks were volunteered) who helped with setups, cleanups, judging, cooking, campfires, etc - the list is way too long to mention everyone by name. We cherish the friends and memories we have made, both locally and at rallies all over the east coast. Hopefully, our rallying will someday expand to match Eric and Dorothy's epic journeys. At least that's our goal.

boatto5er

As you may recall, we had a great Toys for Tots collection at the rally - thanks to all who gave a gift for a less fortunate child. This is the slow season for the Toys for Tots folks, so it has been somewhat of a challenge coordinating a time to get together with them to drop everything off. However, Debra and I successfully dropped off all the toys at the National Foundation Headquarters in Triangle, Virginia yesterday. Hopefully they will will soon bring a smile to a youngster's face. Thank You Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.